Lathrop and Sons - quick shoutout for L&S Mountain Hunter Elite boot

I just tried my first pair of Lathrop and Sons Hunter Elite boot and I gotta say, I was blown away. I backpack and hunt a lot and was in the market for a boot. A friend told me I had to try Lathrop and Sons. I pulled them out of the box at the trailhead and backpacked in 4 miles, and out 4 miles the next day. Not a single hot spot and/or blister. Pretty amazing. I am prone to blisters and usually get them every backpacking excursion i go on, so i always bring a backup pair of shoes to switch to. Not this time, those bad boys stayed on my feet the entirety of labor day weekend. They are a stiffer boot than I'm used to, but they really spread your weight evenly. I could put all my weight on the top of a sharp edged boulder and feel like i was standing on solid ground. Great distribution, and yet, incredibly comfortable. I had them install their Synergy Footbed before sending to me, so that may have made it even more comfortable, so i can't speak to the footbed that comes with the boot.

Fantastic boot. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go the longer i have them.

-Clint

Attachments

• LCGC1606.jpg
    LCGC1606.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

Big338

FNG
My thoughts exactly. Got mine 5 weeks ago and been doing outside hikes and treadmill hikes getting ready for 3 hunts this fall. Super comfortable and have worn them all day with no pain after.
Going to western Wyoming next Friday then to New Mexico 2 weeks later and then back to western Wyoming 3 weeks later. Should put them to the test.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Can't beat them! Great guys and a great outfit!
abee223342a0e80f6c65994d87f2137a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What does the final price on these come out too after you get the custom fitting and insoles and stuff???

OP
clintcalder
It was $565.95 all in, including a waterproofer. They call this a quick fit, where they sent me the foot beds based on a few questions. There is a method I believe where you can trace your foot and then they give you a fully customized foot bed based on your foot shape and arch. I didn't experience that, so can't speak to it. I needed the boots quick so didn't have the time to have the back and forth. Hope that helps.

TravisIN

WKR
Great guys to work with. I’m local and was able to go in there and talk to them. What was awesome is they had lowas zamberlan and some other brands in house. They wanted me to try them all on and see what worked best for me. They didn’t just say buy ours. They are genuine good dudes. I live the boots too.
5cf7d63539bb4cf6865643d3a188f2b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk