Lathrop and Sons Review ***Updated 5/7/20***

TX_Diver

WKR
Little update. I've had my boots for a few months now and still struggling with the fit (I didn't wear them much over winter). I was starting to get a little frustrated and wondering if I shouldn't have just stuck with off the shelf boots, but L&S remains committed to getting me a pair of boots that I'm happy with.

Some of this is probably on me as I called them 3 weeks before hunting season last year needing new boots after a failure of the boots I was planning to use. The first pair was too small so they expedited replacements so I could hunt. I made it through the hunt with no real problems but never really felt they fit that great (and I didn't take anything so I never got a chance to hike heavy with them). Recently I've started hiking with a pack and realized they still don't fit quite right/feel like custom boots so I called them up again and sent some pictures over which prompted them to review and suggest some further revisions/improvements that they wanted to try.

It's a lot of $$$ for boots but they've definitely taken the time and put in the effort so I believe I'll end up with a great fit by the end of it. If you're on the fence because you're concerned you won't end up with a good fit, know that they don't appear to be trying to just crank out boots and send people off on their own, but definitely seem interested in having satisfied customers with comfortable boots.

I'll update again in a few weeks. Cheers.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I will definitely say that once they break in a bit the fit is 10x better than at first. I have over 200 miles in mine and they fit like a glove now. My footbed did start to blister but L&S assured me that the insole was doing its job and absorbing the torque from my foot. I am excited to put another year on them!

dberg71

FNG
I am new here and did read the reviews before I set up my consult for boots with LS. I did ask about the price and was told that it would include any modifications to the boots that was needed. I have tried Crispi, as well as three or 4 others with disappointment. I feel that I am a good candidate for these because I do have feet issues. If you don't have foot issues I don't think you could justify the price. I am waiting on my boots and was told it will be 3-4 more weeks at the latest. I was already told 3 weeks once so we shall see. I will update once I get my boots. I will say that the consultation with Steve was very in depth. I am a PT and he was very thorough.