Lathrop and Sons Review ***Updated 5/7/20***

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,
I just started the process to get a Custom Boot System from Lathrop & Sons. I have talked to a lot of people and read a lot of reviews about these guys and I'm excited to try them out for myself. I'll detail the process as I go along so please let me know your thoughts and questions.

***Update 5/7/20*** You can skip ahead and read my full review here.

The first step is ordering the 3D Mapping Kit here or by calling 618-544-8782. Once the kit arrives, read the directions all the way through before you start.

Last edited:
OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Your kit will arrive with the directions and example sheet shown above along with three impression sheets for each foot.

Note: The directions on the impressions don't mention tracing around your foot with a pencil. DON'T forget that step or your impressions will be ruined and you'll have to order more.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
After removing the waxed paper sheet from within the impression, you stand on the sheet and trace around your foot with a pencil.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It should look like this.

Next, you remove the ink sheet and lay the clear sheet back down on the backing. Your results will look like this.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The whole kit comes in a box that you can use to ship everything back to Lathrop and Sons with the provided return label. I shipped mine out yesterday afternoon so next is waiting for their evaluation and then we will do a phone consultation. Stay tuned.....

About 2 weeks ago I had my phone consultation with Stephen. He was easy to talk to, super thorough and very informative. Not only did we discuss my feet, but reloading, training for the hunt and hunting gear. It was a fantastic conversation that left me with my confidence level through the roof. I’m now awaiting my boots, the L & S Mountain Hunters.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
It's always a pleasure dealing with L&S. I had emailed them earlier this week asking about the timeline on receiving my custom boots (I've already been through the consult and am now waiting on mine to arrive in the mail), and James took to time to call me personally and let me know what was going on and exactly where they were in the production process of my boots and insoles. Top notch Customer service!

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping mine show up soon. I did my consult late January/early February, in March I was told my boots would be ready by May 1. May 15 rolls around and I emailed asking for an update, and James called me the next day to say there was a delay but that I'd have my boots at the beginning of June.

Still waiting.

Last edited:

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping mine show up soon. I did my consult late January/early February, in March I was told my boss would be ready by May 1. May 15 rolls around and I emailed asking for an update, and James called me the next day to say there was a delay but that I'd have my boots at the beginning of June.

Still waiting.

Let me know what you are running into as well, I put my order in Jan 9th and also followed up a couple weeks ago and now i can't get a response to a phone call. Just a "I will call you back with an update" and don't receive a call back. My hunt is coming up quickly and this is making me nervous

bradb

WKR
If they happened to be the warm model I got a email the other day that boots had shipped from Italy and expected in this week

Let me know what you are running into as well, I put my order in Jan 9th and also followed up a couple weeks ago and now i can't get a response to a phone call. Just a "I will call you back with an update" and don't receive a call back. My hunt is coming up quickly and this is making me nervous

Exactly what happened to me last year. You could have searched and found what I had talked about.
Got mine mid July. They just kept promising next week.
They didn't work for me ether and I had to overnight boots in mid season.
If I were you I'd make sure to have backup boots ready.

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Just got off the phone with L&S, supposedly their shipment came in yesterday and my boots were sent out to me yesterday as well. Hopefully that means the same for all you other guys waiting.

For the price of these boots and the absurd delays they had better fit well (hell, they really should pack me up the mountain!).

Last edited:

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Just got off the phone with L&S, supposedly they're shipment came in yesterday and my boots were sent out to me yesterday as well. Hopefully that means the same for all you other guys waiting.

For the price of these boots and the absurd delays they had better fit well (hell, they really should pack me up the mountain!).

Just got the same call, boots should be at my door Saturday. Now I hope they fit right

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't say they are custom fit. The sizing is figured out exactly per the imprint you send and the foot beds are adjusted for your arch height. That is about all the custom fitting mine required. I am not sure if they would make changes to the boot itself if you required it. The knowledge they have and the customer service alone have made the purchase worth it. It sucks to hear you guys are having issues but as we all know, shit can happen. I still think you will be happy with your boots

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't say they are custom fit. The sizing is figured out exactly per the imprint you send and the foot beds are adjusted for your arch height. That is about all the custom fitting mine required. I am not sure if they would make changes to the boot itself if you required it. The knowledge they have and the customer service alone have made the purchase worth it. It sucks to hear you guys are having issues but as we all know, shit can happen. I still think you will be happy with your boots
Listen to their bit on Kifarucast.. They cut and rebuilt a boot for a dude with a club foot.. They can put the correct boot on anyone. Mild to extreme..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk