Lathrop and Sons Synergy Footbeds

HUNT JR

WKR
I have been using superfeet in my boots but the Lathrop and Sons Synergy footbeds have always intrigued me. Of those of you that have tried both, or just the L & S, which did you prefer?

I want to try them out….. as Superfeet did not work for me. Unfortunately they are out until sometime in October.

They can’t get some of the raw material to make the foot beds. This is what they told me when I called….The supply chain has them at a standstill just like lots of other products across our nation.

Chanimal

FNG
I would do sheep feet or other custom units in lieu of the L&S units.

L&S seems to be city market brand gel footbed but ‘custom’ cut to your size.

sndmn11

WKR
I would do sheep feet or other custom units in lieu of the L&S units.

L&S seems to be city market brand gel footbed but ‘custom’ cut to your size.

Do they cut them now? Mine usually last two years, and I have been planning on putting them on the hidau list. The last pair I got was cut your own, just like every other pair I have gotten since ~2010ish.

Chanimal

FNG
I was speaking from the custom boot process. My only experience with them is my father went through the customs boot program, and had the insoles included. The whole process seemed like a typical try on and return process that you go on with any other boots.

warrenw41

FNG
I have not tried the L&S yet but they don't seem to be any better than Superfeet. I have some Sheepfeet on order

wapitibob

WKR
I want to try them out….. as Superfeet did not work for me. Unfortunately they are out until sometime in October.

They can’t get some of the raw material to make the foot beds. This is what they told me when I called….The supply chain has them at a standstill just like lots of other products across our nation.
Sounds right; they pour them themselves.

WRM

WKR
I have several pair of L&S Synergy. Love them. Two pair of their mountain boots, too. The brothers know dey stuff.

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
Something to consider, if you need arch support from your insoles because your boots aren’t providing what you need, then the L&S aren’t going to be able to give you what you need. They are just a floppy gel silicone insole. If you look at their website picture, they are laying completely flat on the ground. They’re so floppy its actually difficult to get them in your boots. If your boots do provide the support you need, then they’re great.

I swear by the L&S Synergy footbeds, and have several of their boot systems. They’ve always offered to custom cut the footbeds (a few extra $), even to replace insoles for other manufacturers boots. They are great for keeping feet in place and not sliding around inside of the boot when side-hilling, and negotiating steep inclines/declines. They Synergy Footbed is made for mountain hunting. But I’m certain L&S has the expertise to design & make a wonderfully orthopedic, arch supporting insole for stylish oxfords if they chose to be in that business.

I have had L&S synergy footbeds for a few of my past boots. I liked them but often found my feet ache & tired after day two of a hunt. This past year I gave sheep feet a try. Well my feet no longer ache after climbing all day which is the first time I have experienced this. When I first got them they felt very weird almost as if I was stepping on a bar right behind the ball of my feet. After a good long hike it became almost natural in which I didn't notice it, I only noticed how my feet didn't get tired or ache. That being said, I bought another pair and plan to continue to use them in the future!

born2kill

FNG
Recently put a pair of L&S in my boots. Was having heel issues with the stock insoles. Definitely more comfortable and solved my heel slipping issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk