Lathrop questions

Jreinan01

FNG
I will likely call them later in the week but just curious what people’s thoughts are. I really like what I see and read about the Lathrop boots.

I would love to have some custom boots. But with the other purchases I have coming at me adding western big game to my hunting repertoire, $1100 boots are just not in the cards. I like the idea of the fitting kit though. For those that have done it what has been your experiences with the fit kit and follow up process after fit kit. My understanding also is that the Lathrop boots do not require the customization, it’s just an option. If that’s true, can you have customized at a later date?

Any feedback regarding buying the Lathrop boots off the shelf would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

John

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I think the Guys at L&S will help you out in about any manner you'd like. If you only want boots from guys that know feet, they can do that.
The custom kit is legit for tough to fit feet, I would recommend it to anyone that has issues with fit or blisters.
Their insoles are really comfy too.

DocH

FNG
I called them to discuss my options. I talked to Stephen and he said a custom system would run $1000-$1100. I wasn’t really crazy about spending that much on custom system. Stephen still spent nearly an hour talking about my past experiences with boots and the type of hunting I do. He recommended a pair os Scarpa boots and their footbeds. I couldn’t be happier. If you aren’t able to go to a store and try on various mountain type boots, I would highly recommend them for getting you into a pair of boots.

Tomks

FNG
They're pretty flexible with whatever you want to do. The boots they will put you in you won't have complaints about. It is spendy but between the right boot and the insole your feet and knees will feel so much better at the end of a long day.