Lathrop & Sons Custom Boot System and Boot TBD Review! By Tony Trietch

davep1122

FNG
Can you compare the fit to the Thor's, I've also tried the Nevada's but they were too loose in the heel.

Thanks!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Tony’s in New Mexico hunting right now, so hold tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Can you compare the fit to the Thor's, I've also tried the Nevada's but they were too loose in the heel.

Thanks!

Thanks for your patience, I was in and out of service in NM, plus I like to focus on the task at hand.

The L&S Mountain Hunter is easily one of the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I would imagine this is due to the custom work they did after the foot mapping. The Thor was also very comfortable but not the same custom molded around my foot feel. They are very different boots. Not even close to the same level of stiffness. As I have said before, the Thor is very light weight and not very stiff while the MH is a true all mountian boot that can handle any terrain with any load in your pack.

bearclaw

FNG
Good stuff, I have some Mountain Hunter Elite's in the pipeline headed my way soon!

How is the all day comfort compared to other stiffer boots you have used? All of the stiffer boots I have ever had needed to be loosened when glassing, etc. Looking forward to painting the hills in the new boots soon!

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Good stuff, I have some Mountain Hunter Elite's in the pipeline headed my way soon!

How is the all day comfort compared to other stiffer boots you have used? All of the stiffer boots I have ever had needed to be loosened when glassing, etc. Looking forward to painting the hills in the new boots soon!

They are easily one of the most comfortable boots I have ever used, notwithstanding less stiff boots. The laces & eyelets that come on the Mountain Hunter allow you to tighten them very tight if desired. Much tighter than I needed. So it will depend on how you like your boot to feel.

fwafwow

WKR
Is anyone else having issues with the Lathrop & Sons website? When I try to access it using my phone, Norton Mobile Security gives me a warning that it is a "malicious website", and when I try using my laptop and Chrome, I just get a blank page. Same result with Firefox.

TravisIN

WKR
I have a set of mountain hunters and they are amazing. Won’t find better guys or better service anywhere.
35c470a56c88e96e629555a0d5b541b0.jpg

prm

WKR
How well do the L&S breathe?

My feet sweat, and damp feet turn into cold feet on the colder rifle hunts.

TravisIN

WKR
How well do the L&S breathe?

My feet sweat, and damp feet turn into cold feet on the colder rifle hunts.

I think the e-vent they use breathes better than gortex. My feet sweat when it’s hot out but everything does on me.

fwafwow

WKR
Is anyone else having issues with the Lathrop & Sons website? When I try to access it using my phone, Norton Mobile Security gives me a warning that it is a "malicious website", and when I try using my laptop and Chrome, I just get a blank page. Same result with Firefox.
Still getting the same message
f3e8f414de936f8c4448fed7c6ea1672.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
Thanks both of you.

I’m debating between the Mtn Hunter elites and the new Mtn Hunter warm.

From earlier posts it seems as though the regular boots are adequate for the cold. My use would be CO 1st and 4th rifle seasons. It was surprisingly cold 1st rifle this year. My Crispis have 200 grams of Thinsulate but don’t breathe well. They were adequate, but not ideal. With uninsulated Salomons my feet are fine unless standing around on snow or in real cold temps.

Ten Bears

WKR
Tony-

Does the heavy weight of these boots bog you down at all or burn out the legs ? Had my eye on the Crispi Thors before I read through this.

I have ridiculously wide paddle feet and was interested in getting some customs made. This review has been helpful, thanks for posting it.

-John

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Tony-

Does the heavy weight of these boots bog you down at all or burn out the legs ? Had my eye on the Crispi Thors before I read through this.

I have ridiculously wide paddle feet and was interested in getting some customs made. This review has been helpful, thanks for posting it.

-John

No, they are no heavier than my last all leather boots. Just heavier than the synthetic mountaineering boots I also use. The L&S custom fit might be right up your aly. The longer the season went on, the more I used them instead of my lighter options.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
So are you going to run those boots in 2019?

They will be one of my pairs of boots this year for sure. I use several pair every year, there are so many different types of terrain and styles of hunting that I choose to have a quiver full of boot options. The L&S MH is a badass big mountain boot.