Lathrop & Sons Experience - Ongoing

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Just received my L&S hunters today! Wore them for a solid hour going up and down stairs, throughout the house and for a little walk and they fit great! Love the support and quality! Definitely worth every penny! Good feeling knowing I have a boot for the next 10 years!

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Why? What model did you go with?
I went full on with the Mountain hunter Elite. After the mapping, and consultation with the boys, this was the model we decided suit me and my style best. I had one issue with heel lift in my right boot, call James and sent him some pics... He suggested a fix and problem solved.. If it hadn't been resolved, he wanted the boots back to fix them.. Can't go wrong with Lathrop..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I went full on with the Mountain hunter Elite. After the mapping, and consultation with the boys, this was the model we decided suit me and my style best. I had one issue with heel lift in my right boot, call James and sent him some pics... He suggested a fix and problem solved.. If it hadn't been resolved, he wanted the boots back to fix them.. Can't go wrong with Lathrop..

Great to here. Have you had them long?

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Always glad to hear good reports about L&S, but that’s what I would expect. Stephen sold me 2 pairs of Zamberlans 4 years ago and they have been great. But I have unfair advantage of going by their shop since I work in their town. We even drink a couple beers together on some Fridays. They nearly have me talked into a pair of their boots, even though the Zamberlans aren’t wore out yet.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Great to here. Have you had them long?
Over a year now. They've been a few places..
db1a9863976d5abf83ea192cd0c32aca.jpg
ce40d5b74712e193af1606a12f3f7c92.jpg
8176b28fb60bb593e8f87a479b596518.jpg

Curious about your experience as I have done the mapping/consult as well, and am trying to decide on whether or not to order... have you received the replacements yet?

Curious about your experience as I have done the mapping/consult as well, and am trying to decide on whether or not to order... have you received the replacements yet?

Me as well. I’m a few steps ahead of you, as I’ve done the mapping and placed an order for boots. I will say I am concerned. I’ve read mixed reviews and ultimately chose to trust the good ones.

The first set of shoes they suggested fit poorly and that makes me worried about the boots as I’m hoping to use these this summer but won’t see them until late May. But only time will tell. I’m keeping my hopes up and expectations to match.

OP
HoytHunter24

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I spoke with James this week. It definitely sounds like they are getting busy. But he got my new boots finished up and shipped out. They should be arriving early next week.

The process isn’t the fastest but that is to be expected being on different sides of the country. I am still very impressed with the customer service and the attention to detail the Lathrops put in to their company and product. You really won’t be disappointed.

Stilpr

Lil-Rokslider
One more satisfied L&S customer here. The foot mapping/consultation was extremely helpful not only for my boots, but information ( basically I was wearing the wrong size and got recommendations for brands that would fit my style foot better) that I’ve also used for my running and workout shoes that have made a tremendous difference on my back.

I had a couple issues with the eyelets bending, and they immediately sent UPS red shipping labels fixed them, and after the second time they replaced them with a different style that has been invincible. All within a couple days because they were concerned about whether or not I wanted to use them for training or hiking in between.

Attachments

• 098002A6-DBA8-416D-B4C7-1332FCFC60BC.jpeg
    098002A6-DBA8-416D-B4C7-1332FCFC60BC.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 75

Mike 338

WKR
Might post a picture of my boots in front of a SI Swimsuit Edition. Couldn't afford the trip to Acapulco.

Tomks

FNG
I went through the lathrop experience last summer. I have no complaints the boots are a great fit, the custom footbeds are worth it. Just be ready to pay for it, but well worth it.

OP
HoytHunter24

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
On another note. I liked the support of the custom foot bed so much that I had James throw a pair together for my Salomon gym shoes. Should help a lot with the shin splints I tend to get when I don't have arch support.

I also discovered they specialize in Motocross boot foot beds. I might also get a pair for my riding boots soon.

OP
HoytHunter24

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
New boots arrived! James sized me up from 10 to 10.5 and they feel great now! The little bit of crowding I had with the 10s is gone and much more comfortable. I will give James a call this week to go over fitment one more time and then get these out for turkey hunting.
837D6050-F635-4BA4-962D-C62194CD3D4E.jpeg

Oh and....

F61AC5D1-8BE8-43F1-BC8A-C3BF7D7E5D01.jpeg