Layering Sitka Core Lightweight

I picked up a core lightweight hoody this year. I’m curious to know how people are layering with this. Do you only wear it by itself for warm weather hunts, or are you using it as a base layer on colder hunts? I’m used to wearing merino base layers, but I know Sitka advertises this as a “next to skin” layer for multiple uses.

Hondo

WKR
I wear them next to skin or layered over a merino base layer. Mine get used a lot in hot to mild temperatures and that is where they excel IMO. If it is cold & wet I will use them as a base layer as it dries faster than merino but in cold & dry temps I tend to favor merino's temperature regulating qualities as a base layer . Highly versatile and comfortable piece with excellent features.

Honyock

WKR
Wore it as a stand alone on a bear hunt when the temps were high 70's and it worked great. Also have used it as a base layer with a core midweight over it on fall elk.

I wear them next to skin or layered over a merino base layer. Mine get used a lot in hot to mild temperatures and that is where they excel IMO. If it is cold & wet I will use them as a base layer as it dries faster than merino but in cold & dry temps I tend to favor merino's temperature regulating qualities as a base layer . Highly versatile and comfortable piece with excellent features.

This is exactly how I use mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
In really warm weather I wear a core short sleeve under it. As it cools off the hoody becomes my primary base and layer over it. I tried it with a merino base under it and wasn’t a fan. I felt that either worked better on their own verse layered.

I just bought all the solid colors except the white today. It’s it’s a great piece of gear