LCA EZ Press vs LCA EZ Green Press

wayoh22

WKR
Does anyone know the difference between the Last Chance EZ Press and Last chance EZ Green Press?

The only difference I can seem to find is the wheel vs hand crank. Is is really that big of a deal? For another $230 to have a wheel seems crazy to me.

Any and all input is welcome for those that own either.

For now would be working on Hoyt Nitrux but will be upgrading bow next year to something bigger.

Jbehredt

WKR
I can’t remember the differences but I know I decided the addl $ wasn’t worth it as I’ve got an EZ Green in my little shop that I’ve enjoyed using for many years.

MTSabo

WKR
In addition to the wheel its how the fingers mount and mounting options for the press. On ebay their $140 more which is where i purchased mine.

Wheel is much quicker to adjust.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Not much difference as MTSabo pointed out. The wheel is quicker and smoother. If you aren' t working on a bunch of different bows with different ATA's that really isn't an issue.

I have the EZ Green. When I take my bow out I loosen it enough so the bow just comes out. When I put it back in it takes about 3 cranks to start pressing. "Faster" wouldn't help me much.

Unless you do a ton of work on bows the EZ Green should be just fine. I have the brown EZ with a bunch of add ons but I do a lot of work for folks out of the house. Its a matter of convenience/preference. I'd put that extra money into other tools and goodies if you have it to burn. Otherwise enjoy the savings and know you're doing just fine.

TheTone

WKR
Pretty sure you can buy a hand wheel for less than the price difference between the two presses

Squirrels

WKR
The EZ press finger systems are bolted on, if they ever do a redesign on the finger your will be able to buy just the finger system and bolt it on. The EZ Green finger system is welded on.

The EZ press is height adjustable, the EZ green is not. I'm not talking about the optional legs that you can purchase.

The EZ press has the handwheel vs the EZ Green crank, as everyone has already mentioned.

I called LCA when buying my press because I wanted to know every difference for the two. I opted for the Green and purchased a handwheel and handle for it from Grizzly Tool for $35. Tapped the wheel to thread on the rod and good to go.

Zac

WKR
The EZ press finger systems are bolted on, if they ever do a redesign on the finger your will be able to buy just the finger system and bolt it on. The EZ Green finger system is welded on.

The EZ press is height adjustable, the EZ green is not. I'm not talking about the optional legs that you can purchase.

The EZ press has the handwheel vs the EZ Green crank, as everyone has already mentioned.

I called LCA when buying my press because I wanted to know every difference for the two. I opted for the Green and purchased a handwheel and handle for it from Grizzly Tool for $35. Tapped the wheel to thread on the rod and good to go.
This is helpful I'm super confused on which press to get, I suppose I should call Lancaster and talk about it. I think the one I was looking at was just an EZ Green with the electric motor for a 125 up charge.

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR

This is perfect. Think I'll be going with the EZ Green and then use the extra cash for the attachments. I shoot a hoyt for the meantinme so will need to get the adapter fingers from what I've been reading

benellim2

FNG
This is perfect. Think I'll be going with the EZ Green and then use the extra cash for the attachments. I shoot a hoyt for the meantinme so will need to get the adapter fingers from what I've been reading
I have the EZ green and a Hoyt. Depending on what model Hoyt you have you might not need the special fingers

I bought EZ green a few years ago and a wheel draw board from a guy on AT that I can’t recall the name of. Works great for my needs. Only regret is that I didn’t buy one years ago.

Zac

WKR
When I ordered mine , ordered it with the wheel , money well spent
I'm torn between the wheel and the electric motor dealy. What I can't understand is why the wheel costs more than the cheap motorized version.