Lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink

Thess87

WKR
I sold my wife’s kuiu pack so that she could try something else. I have a Kifaru and love it so honestly kinda figured she’d follow my lead. I told her what the top 2-3 companies are and told her get whatever she wanted. I feel like that’s part of the fun in getting new gear is the research so I wanted her to do it for herself. Well she has and she says she’s kinda leaning towards exo (which wasn’t in the top that I told her) but i have never actually try exo. I told her that ive read reviews that they are great with under 40 lbs in them but above that you don’t want them. She just likes the layout on them better. And said the reviews that she read said anything under 80 exo was good above that Kifaru or Sg was better and her argument is only 10% of the time or less that it’s on our backs do we carry that much. So my question is what would you tell her to convince her otherwise or is her decision just fine? I just don’t want to be buying a different pack next year just cause she didn’t listen. Thanks

BBob

WKR
I'd let her buy the EXO and I'd also agree to her assessment to not buy based on what you might do 10% of the time. I have no personal experience with them other than a friend has one and he's never complained (at least not towards the pack itself) carrying over 80lbs with it on pack-outs. He's completely happy with it.

If she buys it and for some reason ends up not liking it I'd say absolutely nothing about the choice if I were you ;)

Last edited:
So you want her to get whatever she wants as long as its what you want her to get? The only thing the "horse" isnt drinking is your bias. Sound slike she did some research and came to a decision. Maybe all those people that love their EXO packs dont know what they are talking about.

OP
Thess87

Thess87

WKR
Thanks. This is the reassurance I was look for. I honestly don’t care what she gets I just want to make sure it’s good.

pirogue

WKR
If she did the review and said EXO was good to 80 pounds, load her up with 79 lbs, and don’t expect a complaining word from her.

mmac

WKR
So you don't want her to get an EXO because you read somewhere it can't handle heavier loads even though lots of hunters, myself included, have hauled well over 40 pounds just fine? Sounds like you should have told her to get a Kifaru if that is what you wanted her to get.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I sold my wife’s kuiu pack so that she could try something else. I have a Kifaru and love it so honestly kinda figured she’d follow my lead. I told her what the top 2-3 companies are and told her get whatever she wanted. I feel like that’s part of the fun in getting new gear is the research so I wanted her to do it for herself. Well she has and she says she’s kinda leaning towards exo (which wasn’t in the top that I told her) but i have never actually try exo. I told her that ive read reviews that they are great with under 40 lbs in them but above that you don’t want them. She just likes the layout on them better. And said the reviews that she read said anything under 80 exo was good above that Kifaru or Sg was better and her argument is only 10% of the time or less that it’s on our backs do we carry that much. So my question is what would you tell her to convince her otherwise or is her decision just fine? I just don’t want to be buying a different pack next year just cause she didn’t listen. Thanks
I'd tell her you have no idea what the top pack companies are if you told her what you typed about Exo packs. You want her to drink YOUR water, not what she wants. Let her make up her own mind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk