Lead a horse to water but can’t make it drink

Marble

WKR
I give my wife whatever advice she asks for. If there is something she really needs to learn, I'll have someone else do it.

It's easier to let her figure stuff out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I sold my wife’s kuiu pack so that she could try something else. I have a Kifaru and love it so honestly kinda figured she’d follow my lead. I told her what the top 2-3 companies are and told her get whatever she wanted. I feel like that’s part of the fun in getting new gear is the research so I wanted her to do it for herself. Well she has and she says she’s kinda leaning towards exo (which wasn’t in the top that I told her) but i have never actually try exo. I told her that ive read reviews that they are great with under 40 lbs in them but above that you don’t want them. She just likes the layout on them better. And said the reviews that she read said anything under 80 exo was good above that Kifaru or Sg was better and her argument is only 10% of the time or less that it’s on our backs do we carry that much. So my question is what would you tell her to convince her otherwise or is her decision just fine? I just don’t want to be buying a different pack next year just cause she didn’t listen. Thanks
I would get her the Exo. Mine works great with 120 pounds or more in it. I've covered upwards of 30 miles with that kind of load in my Exo, I've covered well over 200 miles with more than 50 pounds in my Exo, 15 of those miles were last week, so I know it is not a failure of memory.

My hunting partner has hauled more than 120 pounds in his Exo as well, he felt the pack handled it very well.

I have a custom Seek Outside, but the Exo is what I keep taking into the back country and grabbing to train with. I got the SO because I was trying to ditch the Exo as I had the Velcro on the hip belt fail. It was an easy fix in the field with some paracord, but I still wish the hip belt was a solid piece. The Exo works so well though that even with that flaw and telling myself I was moving on because of it, I just keep reaching for it.

Edit: Sometimes the horse knows the water you have lead it too is toxic. Sorry, could not help myself even if it is not true. 🤣

Last edited:
I have had a lot of packs, and exo and kifaru are my 2 that I use. The exo does great with a heavy load on my back, as does kifaru… exo would be a great option for her because they offer a female frame, so it will fit her perfect

tdhanses

WKR
OP think you’ve been sold the pack koolaid, I’ve had many Kifaru’s, an Exo and a SG, I like them all but the kifaru frame fits me the best. They all have a 30 day return policy so get the Exo first and if she doesn’t like the fit try something else.

Oregonboy

WKR
EXO is a top tier company that makes a top tier product, their customer service is also best in class. I have the K3 frame and 4800 pack and it's phenomenal. I have Kifaru packs as well, but I prefer the EXO for most of my hunts these days. I would highly recommend an EXO for her.

OP
Thess87

Thess87

WKR
Just making sure I'm all caught up here...

You told your wife "do your own research" then criticized her choice?

You compared your wife to a... horse?

And you did all of this, sharing the story on the internet, on a public forum?

And I thought I lived dangerously.
😂😂 I was simply asking the people that have ran Exo along with the other top companies pretty much. To see if there a quality choice cause we haven’t ran them. Then by the way I worded it it turned into this lol. And I’ve pretty well enjoyed watching it develop. But I’d say as many people that have said they like there’s we’d have no problem trying them out.