Lead Time on a Kifaru pack

SDHNTR

WKR
How much time should I expect from time of order to having a DT pack on my doorstep? Does this vary throughout the year? I won't really need it until next season so I could wait until a slow time of year to place the order. If there is such a thing.

6-8 weeks I think. Kifaru makes their packs in production runs and I believe they only make enough in each run for how many orders they have so it's pretty consistent throughout the year.

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken!

Mike

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought mine in December, and had it about 5 weeks later. They do a pretty good job of meeting deadlines.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
MR not cutting it anymore?

No I love my Crew Cab for day hunts and expanable meat hauling capabilities. I think it is the best serious day pack going. I just want a larger multiday pack and the weight savings of the Kifaru over the bigger MR packs has me intrigued. Honestly, I haven't made up my mind yet. I dig the MR NICE frame and it fits me well, but I wouldn't mind saving some weight.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No I love my Crew Cab for day hunts and expanable meat hauling capabilities. I think it is the best serious day pack going. I just want a larger multiday pack and the weight savings of the Kifaru over the bigger MR packs has me intrigued. Honestly, I haven't made up my mind yet. I dig the MR NICE frame and it fits me well, but I wouldn't mind saving some weight.

It's ok, peer pressure can do many things to us, including spending lots of money on lots of packs.

Being able to shave a few lbs just starting with a different pack is a great selling point of packs like the Kifaru. I have a T1 and the more I use it the more I love it... However you may want to check out those new Stone Glacier packs! I guess they have a few left right now but I expect those will be gone soon! 3.5 lbs though for 6K cubic inches and a triple digit load haul rating could be hard to beat.

Mike

Yeah I would call up Angie and ask her on lead time. The products are usually very close to scheduled delivery. I am sure you will be pleased with the Kifaru pack. DT pack = very good decision

Kifaru delivery time is pretty standard reguardless the time of year. It is more than worth it though. MR is an extremely well made product. However, it is not even in the same league as Kifaru when it comes to fit and comfort. Two different worlds. Kifaru suspension is simply second to none.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Kifaru delivery time is pretty standard reguardless the time of year. It is more than worth it though. MR is an extremely well made product. However, it is not even in the same league as Kifaru when it comes to fit and comfort. Two different worlds. Kifaru suspension is simply second to none.

Having owned both I would say both are great and more akin to body type and fit than one being way better than the other...for me Kifaru fits much better, to the next guy....well he's gotta try find out for himself which he likes better.

swat8888

WKR
I loved the fit of my MR, was just to damn heavy...Kifaru gets the lightweight nod without question. Both are great packs...just depends what you use them for.

Agreed. I used a crew cab for a day and absolutely loved it. Never hauled much weight but was just as comfortable as my T1 is. Just too dang heavy starting out...

Mike