Learn me on suppresssors

JonS

WKR
I have a few rifles and like the idea of shooting suppressed for recoil suppression, noise suppression and being able to get and stay on target while shooting.
There's a few folks that recommend Thunderbeast, leaning towards a dominus or Ultra 7.
I don't have a trust, should I set one up, have two daughters that show an interest in shooting and hunting.
If so, what's best and cheapest place to get a trust for such an item.
Does it make sense to get a trust for other assets and then list the suppressor on that trust.
I've also heard it's a good idea to get a trust where you can add or delete trustees almost instantly if needs arise.

There's a great shop nearby that sells a bunch of suppressors and Thunderbeast recommends.

Rifles it may go on
A rem 700 heavy barrel .223, already threaded
A Tikka stainless superlite .300 win mag (has fluted barrel)
A Tikka Stainless superlite .308 (has fluted barrel)
A tikka stainless 6.5 cm, no flutes on barrel
None of these are threaded

What mounting system do I put on, I've heard that getting a brake installed on each one and then having the suppressor mount to that is a repeatable option. Is that the best plan? I hate shooting and being near braked rifles as it's really, really loud and if I ever happened to shoot without ear protection, I worry it would damage hearing I'm trying to keep.

What else do I need to know, I would like to go pay the tax of $200 I believe in the next week or so.

Thanks a bunch,
Jon

silencershop.com

find a store with a kiosk for above site. Can set up a trust through it as well. Buying a suppressor through them was waaaaay to easy.

Dead Air Sandman L. It has a very well engineered Q/D mounting. It’ll make a .308 mighty quiet..... quiet as in take your ear muffs off quiet. Put it in a trust. Easy to do & ties up any loose ends on disposition in the event something happens to you. nfalawyers.com will produce the legal documents & get them to you in a day or two for $99.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
Jon - I texted you, but I’m not sure if the number I have is still current, so if you didn’t get it, let me know.

Regards,
Scott

ericwh

WKR
I did a form1 and it is pretty awesome. All Titanium and 17-4ph900. From my perspective while shooting, it made my 20" .223 quieter than the guys .22lr 4 benches down.

Using a brake inside the can should increase suppression and extend the life of your blast baffle. If you don't want a different brake on each rifle just leave the brake in the can.

I did a trust so it can be mounted on something at home with my wife when I'm not there.

Last edited:

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
TBAC Ultra 7. No need to look elsewhere. Get the brake mount version. You can use 5/8x24 mounts on larger barrels, and a 9/16x24 on the sporter contour barrels. I run a 9/16 on my 300 WM heavy sporter barrel, and 5/8 on all my others. You can even get 1/2x28 mounts to run on a .223 if you want. With the TBAC direct thread suppressors, they just permanently bond a brake on the inside of the can.