Learnings from first attempt at archery in CO

J5Hunt

FNG
Impressive list for your first time doing it...sounds like you still got to experience the real reason we hunt in full force. The adventure Keeps you coming back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dydetert

FNG
This list really made me smile because 2020 was our first Colorado OTC elk hunt as well, and learned a lot of the same issues. Camo bugle tubes are really good at blending in when set down, interesting to know that yours walked off as well! We saw a ton of deer and stumbled into some bulls on our last day. If i could add to the list-
-Elk don't come running in from the mountaintops at the first non-resident honking on their bugle tube
-A pair of good boots is way more important than any of your other gear
-If you are hunting deep, you won't have cell reception but you may be able to get am radio signal, this is very important to listen to the weather as it can get very hairy very quickly
-If you get on fresh sign, make sure you have an arrow in your bow as elk are very good at hiding and you may only have a split second to make a shot
-There are more cars parked at some of the trailheads 2 hours from town than there are at the walmart in town, and I didn't know the "labor day parade" was referring to hikers in the wilderness area