Leather boot stretch?

lmeyer

WKR
Just picked up a pair of zamberlan guides from a trade on the classifieds. This is my first pair of higher end leather boots with rand. They are a bit snug in the width. Will they stretch any over time with the rand?

My only point of reference is Danner pronghorn that I bought in a wide. The regular with was just a bit narrow. And now the wides have stretched enough that the eyelets on the laces are almost touching. I probably would have been fine with the regular width after the amount of stretch my wides experienced.

My experience has been that it is so boot specific, depending on what materials they use, its to hard to predict. I have done it and had them stretch nicely and other times they were always miserable and never changed enough to be wearable all day hunting. Do yourself a favor, and always buy a boot that fits the day you buy it and never hope it will change in the right direction. I dont order boots anymore for that reason, I have to be able to try them on or be able to return them. My bet is the the guy you got them from prob did the same thing you did, ordered his size and found the boot ran a little narrow..

hunterjmj

WKR
I bought new Hoffman explorer lights 3 years ago and the first 50 miles they seemed to stretch a bit because I had to cinch them up 2-3 times/day but after that they have felt snug and lace up the same everyday. I wear them everyday and I think they get more comfortable as time goes on.

That's all I got. Hope you get it figured out.
I thinks boot fit/brand is unique to each person. I've owned danner , garmont, Irish setter, Georgia, Justin, lowa and hoffman. For my feet, I'll never buy anything but Hoffman.
I'm sure another brand would work but it's to expensive to experiment.

Last edited:

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, a leather boot will typically stretch and conform to your foot in the process. I always try and buy an all leather boot a little on the snug side for this reason.