Leather lined boots?

Lost Arra

FNG
A few years ago I bought some Lowa Trekkers on a closeout. They quickly became my favorite boot primarily due to the comfort of the glove leather lining.
I have since purchased some Lowa Renegade lows, also leather lined, that I wear to work. Also very comfortable.

I probably shouldn't look elsewhere since the Lowas fit me well but are there other boot manufacturers who use a similar leather lining?

At one time I had a pair of Schnees Bozeman. An upland game boot that had leather lining in the upper and an eVent sock.
Comfy but they were overpriced and didn't hold up.

Wrongside

WKR
I'm a big fan of leather lined boots as well. I've used Zamberlain, Hanwag and Techinca over the years. My favourites, by far have been the Hanwags. The Yukons, that I used for years, are a great hiking boot. My current main boot is a pair of Hanwag Omegas, that are absolutely awesome mountain boots. The steeper and rougher it gets, the more they shine. Especially when loaded.

Lowas are awesome boots, friends have run their boots and love them. I'd consider a pair of their new LL version of the Tibet, to replace my aging Hanwag Yukons, if they were available locally.

Shrek

WKR
1+ for the Hanwag Yukons. I like mine so much I bought a second pair to put away so I wouldn't have to find another boot for years.
Just looked and STP still has size 12 and 12.5 Yukons if you wear either size. I think I have a 40 % off code if you are interested.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FYI for LOWA fans - the recently released a leather-lined version of the Tibet.

Shrek

WKR
I see that now. I can tell you I normally wear size 12.5 or 13 US and I have two pair of yukons from STP in size 12.5 UK and they fit the best I have ever had a pair of boots fit. If that tells anyone anything.

Wrongside

WKR
How would the Omegas be in warm weather(70-80*F)

Like most of the moutaineering class boots... Warm. Sweaty. :)

I've used them year round, but can live with them being a little warm in the summer. Some supplemental insulation helps in the really cold weather as well, especially for less active days with lots of glassing for instance. That's for me and my feet at least.

Wrongside

WKR
1+ for the Hanwag Yukons. I like mine so much I bought a second pair to put away so I wouldn't have to find another boot for years.
Just looked and STP still has size 12 and 12.5 Yukons if you wear either size. I think I have a 40 % off code if you are interested.

Those were a screaming deal, on a great boot. I'd have grabbed a pair or two also, if they'd had my size...

Shrek

WKR
Wrongside , I had $350 budgeted for a pair of boots when I saw those on STP. I got the first pair for $154 tmd and was blown away with them so I said , heck , I have the money in the budget so...two pair !

jaime7818

FNG
I also have the Yukons from STP. They are bad ass. I also came across some limited time Reichle's on STP that were leather lined. I bought them cause they were $106 out the door. Those are stored for the future. I jsut couldnt pass up that deal. I am addicted to STP. FYI, they are charging taxes now in alot of states cause they got bought out by a company that has alot of discount stores all over the nation.

Shrek

WKR
Same way we managed to keep them dry before goretex , treated with sno seal , nikwax , ect. Your feet will stay dryer than they do with sweattex I mean goretex... I had forgotten how much better the non goretex boots breathe until I picked up the Yukons.

Shrek

WKR
If you treat a quality leather boot well once and then just keep them up you will have no problem with wet boots. Cheap boots with wide , loose stitching you can't treat them enough but if the cheap boots have goretex they would leak too.