Leather lined

So, I have been looking for non GTX leather boots. Options are limited and I don’t live anywhere near anyplace that has good boots. I have heard about the leather lined Lowas but wanted to try them on obviously. I’m in CO for my annual vacation/scouting trip and stopped into a gear place to see what they had. Tried on a few Hanwag LL boots and wow, they feel amazing. Left to get some lunch and think on it. When I got back they sold the only one in my size. I said I wish they had the Renegade in LL as they weren’t out. Low and behold they had them in the back.

Anyway, I now have some LL Renegades and I am liking the feel.

Anyone using leather lined boots? Any differences in wear and care?

Wrongside

WKR
Other than keeping a pair of Salomon 4Ds in the rotation for 'easier' trips, I've been pretty much exclusively a LL mountain boot user for years. Mostly Hanwag Yukons and Omegas. Just keep them well treated with Obenaufs and hike until the soles wear out. :)

GregB

WKR
I have the Hanwag Yukons, one thing I did is seam seal the stitch lines. That and some obenaufs and they are as waterproof as anything. Treat the leather lining inside every now and then, and put a newspaper in at night to dry them out. Breathes better, and stays waterproof longer than a gortex boot.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Zamberlan made a 961 LL boot for 2019, then discontinued it here in the States, maybe everywhere. I really wanted to try those as it's a non gtx version of their 960 guide which is a fantastic boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GregB

WKR
Zamberlan made a 961 LL boot for 2019, then discontinued it here in the States, maybe everywhere. I really wanted to try those as it's a non gtx version of their 960 guide which is a fantastic boot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What size do you wear I have a pair that don’t fit me.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I went through a couple of pairs of leather lined Raichle Montagnas in the 90s. They were heavy but I really liked them. Although I have been on the Gore-Tex bandwagon since then, I have been looking hard at the LL Lowa Tibets.