Leather strop?

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Spyderco DoubleStuff 2 it comes with a leather pouch...I strop on it after a couple touches on the fine side of the stone. It work quite well for lightweight on-the-go blade touch-ups. I use it for knives, broadheads, and fishing hooks!
Screenshot_2021-04-09 spyderco-pocket-stone-303f-sheath webp (WEBP Image, 400 × 450 pixels).png

Dwinsall

FNG
I use a leather belt and a canvas belt. Both work as well as any strop you can buy, give a longer stropping area, and cost a heck of a lot less than a "official" or "real" strop.
I picked the belts up at a second hand store for about a buck each.
Any suggestions for a light easy to pack strop for sharpening? I carry a havalon and spyderco knifes spyderco stays sharp with a couple passes on a strop I picked up for solid broadheads but it is pretty long. Could cut it, but was curious what else is available.

Thank you
As others have said to use a leather belt. Well to add to that you can put your belt on a limb of a tree and this the gives you a nice tight flat surface to sharpen your knives on..

Wrench

WKR
The worksharp guided sharpener has a strop, diamond, ceramic and broadhead wrench in one handy outfit.

f3e1d4f53d030ab422b2821a0dfc138f.jpg

This is what I use sage wood gear strop or Gossman GST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
I made one of 1/2" wood and glued leather to it. It goes in my pack.
I made a larger one for home use. The stropping compound (rouge) really makes a difference.

1. Worksharp sharpener with strop
2. Leather belt
3. Build one. A natural leather strap glue onto whatever material you want and add stropping compound. That sage wood gear one looks cool and would be easy to diy.