Leaving a horse behind in camp

I only ride horses 4-6 weeks per year so my knowledge is limited to that.
Assume I have 6 horses in my camp, one will not be ridden daily and trying to pony him in certain areas is a pain in the ass. Any objections to leaving one horse on a high line in camp for ~12ish hours?

So you will be riding 5 of the 6 horses daily and leaving 1, is that correct? Guess it depends on how well your horse tolerates it. Personally I wouldn’t leave it and would pony it along with me. Some horses will stand just fine alone others won’t, if mine won’t hang out alone he’s going, dont need a horse dragging a high line through the woods in search of the other horses or ruining a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
That is correct. 5 of 6 ridden daily. Remaining horse left behind first 2 consecutive days 10-14 hrs per day. (One hunter arriving 2 days later than the rest)
Any tips on ponying?

Keep
The lead rope out from under ur horses tail, don’t tie the lead rope to your saddle horn, if your horse slows to step over an obstacle remember ur pony horse has to as well, match your horse to your pony horses pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Probably not the best plan if the horse isn't used to standing tied all day and watching his buddies all ride away.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk