Led clip on hat light

Wondering if anyone uses a clip on style hat light for back country hunting and if so which ones work the best? I figured they are light enough to carry all day and would supplement a hat light at light. What’s everyone’s thoughts? Best wishes

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried one a few times, but got annoyed that I couldn't get the beam aimed at the right spot without really tilting my head down. I also didn't like the added weight to the end of my hat, but I'm sure that was something a person could get used to.

I'm sure there are better ones than the model I had.

Tank9

FNG
I've bought a few off of camofire. They normally have them for around $5 bucks or so. Might be a good way to try it out for cheap to see if you like them before getting a more expensive model. I am always wearing a hat so they work pretty well for me.

Voyageur

WKR
Wondering if anyone uses a clip on style hat light for back country hunting and if so which ones work the best? I figured they are light enough to carry all day and would supplement a hat light at light. What’s everyone’s thoughts? Best wishes
A fellow member recommended this one to me. I really like its versatility, small size, and that it's rechargable.
Hope this helps.

the 2 i use a bunch are the coast hp5r, which is a small flashlight with an included hat clip.... it's my favorite light hands down, it's my primary headlamp. the other one, which may be more what you're looking for is the Nebo Mycro, that comes with a strap, but also can be directly clipped to your hat (which is how i use it) they are tiny and cheap at 20 bucks, it's rechargeable also, so that could be considered a pro or con, depending on the individual.... great little backup light that is tiny and weighs nothing.... i'm getting 2 or 3 more this week, because i use them a lot, fishing, hunting, and around the house.

the coast is a great design, it's rechargeable too, but also runs on a single AA battery, which is nice

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a camo hat when hunting that has lights built in. I use it for camp duties, The lights point down in the right spot, easy to push the switch to turn on not really any weight and they usually run on 2032 batteries I have bought them at Walmart pretty inexpensive

CJF

WKR
Yep. Energizer. This one in the picture. It’s perfect size/weight/brightness.
It’s not a one and done though. If you are trying to find your best route through the woods you will need something brighter as a backup. If I’m on a trail or just setting camp or cooking I only use the clip light.

Attachments

• E757C04F-CB52-4964-A229-06F773E4C4DB.png
    E757C04F-CB52-4964-A229-06F773E4C4DB.png
    961.3 KB · Views: 4

Kshusker

FNG
I bought the nebo mycro yesterday it is rechargeable has 3 or 4 intensities red and green light also. Can use a head band or clip on your hat. The clip is metal and fits really tight to my hat. Good rang of adjustment and has a nice wide been while also focusing light in the middle. Was $20 so I figured I would give it a shot probably as wide as 2 quarters side by side.