LED Lantern for Tipi

Looking for an LED lantern for a small tent like a cimarron, don’t need anything huge like for a wall tent.. not even sure how many lumens is enough?

Any good AA options with decent battery life? I see a lot of them that use D cell batteries but I’d rather have AAs. Not interested in a rechargeable light for this purpose..

Anything decent that uses an 18650 battery?

Also would prefer something cheap.. it will only get used a few nights a year, so I’m not interested in the $90+ ones I see.

Suggestions?

TSAMP

WKR

jhm2023

WKR
I went with a Streamlight super siege for my Arctic Oven. It's great, but kind of heavy. They make one called the siege x that runs on 18650 batteries.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I know you said you don't like the idea of rechargeables, but seriously consider checking out the NEBO's.

I use their Mycro headlamps. And their Torchy Flashlights.

For your purpose you stated... this one looks like the hot ticket for that :

TheGDog

WKR
Another one of theirs which I always keep in the truck is :

I almost finished skinning and deboning a deer using this light. It can also act like a powerbank for you. Can go way brighter than you need it to out there. (Admittedly I take my time doing that activity so I don't cut myself)

EDIT: also you can find these at Ace Hardware stores too.

Jbxl20

WKR
Luci light on amazon , get 2 youll light shit up. I never camp without one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I second this. I picked one up on Amazon on sale for less than 15$ around Christmas last year. Worked great at base camp in CO this year.

OP
cornfedkiller
I second this. I picked one up on Amazon on sale for less than 15$ around Christmas last year. Worked great at base camp in CO this year.

I'm kinda intrigued by these, but I see they are 75 lumen.. is that bright enough?

Every Fenix light I've ever owned has been phenomenal for output, performance and longevity. I just purchased the CL26R from them. Runs on one rechargeable 18650 battery and is adjustable from 3 lumens to 400 lumens. Anyone who hasn't used an 18650 rechargeable battery light (any kind) will be surprised by how long they hold charge.

I'm kinda intrigued by these, but I see they are 75 lumen.. is that bright enough?
Carry two if you like. 4 oz each. I have and like them. in fact I own a few other lanterns and haven’t used any for a backpack trip since I found lucI. I will take the heavier stuff car camping but for anything longer than a night or two or if I am with the wife kids, the Lucis are great.

I find I will pull out my head lamp for Things like cooking and processing game That require more intense light but they are great for throwing off enough light to move around your tent or camp site.

I have a few luci lights also and they are awesome. My last 2 purchased have been this Luci light. It’s 150 lumens and has the 2 way USB port. Leave it in the sun all day at camp to charge but if needed you can recharge it quick with your battery pack.

I have one of the LUMINaid lights, similar to Luci lights. Got for a gift. I saw in REI the other day there are actually 3 sizes. I have the middle one. Works decent, packs ok, solar charge as well as USB. That said, still just use headlamp 90% of the time.

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
I use one from Black Diamond. Runs on AAA although they have a rechargeable version as well. Small, light weight. Not the brightest, but I am not looking to read size 8 font with it. Based on size and weight, could carry 2, but I just supplement with headlamp if need more light.

I don't spend a lot of time in the tent, so it easily lasted 5 nights.

TheGDog

WKR
I've had those Luci lights decide to fail, for seemingly no reason. I would NOT trust them.

reaper

WKR
Becareful with the Lucilight,mine didn't like the heat from the stove,I hang the lantern the other side of the stove to the top of the tipi and I woke up with a melted lantern around the pole .They work good when they don't died like mine.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
It's been 2 years now I am only using my dark energy Poseidon,I hook it up with the carabiner and use the light.It served as a lantern and for charging my phone and GPS.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

I use one similar. It is satisfactory for everything from starting fire, making coffee or eating dinner. All things you do in tipi. I have a Redcliff 4 man so it is bigger than most guys solo shelter and still has the lumens to do the job. I have never used the solar charge as the AA work the whole 5 day hunts with plenty to spare.
I have 2 like these, one with solar the other w/o. 6 years now, no issues with recharging on one.

1635772466050.png