LED Lantern for Tipi

reaper

WKR
I use one similar. It is satisfactory for everything from starting fire, making coffee or eating dinner. All things you do in tipi. I have a Redcliff 4 man so it is bigger than most guys solo shelter and still has the lumens to do the job. I have never used the solar charge as the AA work the whole 5 day hunts with plenty to spare.
I have 2 like these, one with solar the other w/o. 6 years now, no issues with recharging on one.

View attachment 342144
It's a good one,using this in my canopy camper truck,paid mine like 4$

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

It's a good one,using this in my canopy camper truck,paid mine like 4$

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk
Yes and I will admit when it's super cold out and I go to open it I am always worried the flex part will crack, but hasn't yet.

sndmn11

WKR
I have four Luci base lights and they suck. They only charge devices if they have a full charge, and take more than a day to charge themselves in the sun.

mmac

WKR
This thing is really bright or can be dimmed down, recharge it from USB and is very light for keeping in bino harness if you get something down too.

TheGDog

WKR
RE: Starting a fire... Not a Lantern.... but TacticalGear.com has this awesome rechargeable flashlight that also has a 4-electrode arc'ing lighter on it!

The first one I bought it was $9.99. Some months later I bought two more to give to Mama and the Boy and they upped the price a lil bit to $14.99. But these things are VERY cool.

At a recent social gathering at a beach location. Some people brought wood, but nobody brought kindling or lighter. So I feather cut the wood and used the arc lighter and was able to save the day!

DB Cooper

Lil-Rokslider
MPowered Luci String lights work great for light at camp. Works inside a tent of any size or outside the tent, strung from juniper limbs. Recharges quickly in the sun

Akicita

WKR
Drop your headlamp into an empty 1 qt. plastic buttermilk jug from the grocery store. Let the headband stick out from the opening and hang it from the peak. Only need to carry one light. . . cheap, lightweight and multifunctional.

Vaultman

WKR
I have a black diamond orbit lantern. It is AAA though.
Have used it for years. Works good, and have had it mounted high in tents with a wood stove and not had a problem.

Hang it in the top of the tipi and use the remote control to turn light on/off and can dim or brighten light with remote. Nice to turn on/off from the sleeping bag.

I have had very good battery life even in cold weather.

hooks to hang light on tipi pole - up high for good lighting

I started using around LED umbrella lamp. It clamps onto the pole and uses 2 AA batteries, it put scout enough light to do any normal stuff.

I have had this one for 3 yrs now I believe and it has worked great.
Its rechargeable, and takes c battery's and you can charge off of it.
We've never turned it up past 50%
I see they have a diffused one now id probably get.
And so far its taken a ton of abuse it bangs in my truck full time and has been rolled up in the tent a few times.
I leave a small carribineer on it.

Zappaman

WKR
I am a HEAVY user of LED lights... have built my own, modified many (put them on guns) and a few years ago Sofirn made THE best lantern money can buy (***and it was designed by the BLF forum members who USE these for off-grid living to professional camping (guides, wilderness biologists, etc.). The LT-1.

I have several and have dropped one from 7 ft up onto SOLID concrete and it survived the fall. It's waterproof (as in submersible), and built like a tank. You can't find a better rated lantern because there isn't one made (unless it's military maybe?).

Best way to buy is direct from Sorirn (with batteries) where pricing is WAY better than Amazon. Sofirn is a SOLID, honest seller with ruggedized designs for good money. ***I also see they have them in stock in Canada so shipping might be faster there Vs. China direct which can take months. Batteries are GOOD 3000MaH lithium 18650s with button tops- get them with the lantern unless you know your 18650 batteries and have slightly longer capacity batteries you could otherwise use.

Barry Lee (who runs the main store) is honest and stands behind everything he sells. They also make a 1000 yard light I use on my coyote gun and a wider C8F light I use for my "pig rig" (I posted my AR15 6.8 SPC rig with that light on it here a few years back). NO plastic, the reflector is milled from a single solid piece of aluminum- and polished to a mirrow smooth finish. Glass is AR coated-- just high quality everything with any light they sell.

You won't need another lantern in your lifetime (unless you lose it). I bought MANY, have gifted them to other hunters and a few farmers around here in Kansas who use them daily. I've given away 10 or more of the D25L (or S) also... best headlamp I own (and I own about five different ones). You can't beat the price for quality with these guys.

LT-1
Headlamps

- and get the carry case for the lantern, it's a perfect fit and keeps the lantern clean.

Good stuff (y)

EDIT: I now see they are selling out of California-- here is the link and I'd just buy from this location and probably get it within a week! AND it's on sale!!!

California Lantern

Last edited: