LED light bars

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking at adding some auxiliary lights to the front of my truck and have been looking at some of the combo spot/flood beam light bars from companies such as Rough Country. What experiences do you guys have with the different options that are available for auxiliary front lighting? I like the idea of the combo beam patterns to provide distance lighting and light up the sides of a two-track in the dark. Some of the options from Rigid and Baja Designs are more than I’m willing to spend.

wysongdog

WKR
I like the combo lights as well. I run all rigid. They are the best imo but also the most expensive. Buy once cry once. One of my bars has been on 3 different trucks. Almost 500,000 miles.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I replaced my fog lamps in my 4Runner with Baja Design Squadron Pro driving combo in amber. It's a slick system utilizing the factory switch and very bright. I love it.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the other brands.

Wrench

WKR
I bought my vision x used 6 years ago and it's still working perfectly with no finish flaking, no burned bulbs....etc. I bought it because it was the same brand we used on our trucks in Alaska where money was no object.

I have several other chineese ones on my boats, quads, other rigs and they have all been giant roaches in comparison. They're not as bright, they interfere with the radio, a few lost bulbs, I've replaced the small 2x4 ones multiple times.

IMO, a 12" rigid or vision x will be brighter, last longer and not interfere with your radio and you'll be generally happier with it than a 60" Chinese POS.

jhm2023

WKR
I have rigid single row bars on both of my personal vehicles. One is a 50" hyper spot/driving combo and the other a 20" spot/driving combo. The way I look at it is nothing else is worth drilling holes in my vehicle to mount. The trucks at my work have the cheap light bars and they need to be replaced about every other year while my rigids are going on 7 years of use. This is definitely one of those buy it nice or buy it twice situations. Not sure what kind of truck you have but the morimoto LED fog lights (DOT compliant) are awesome too for when you cant have your light bar on.

Light bars are pretty nice! I’ve had a 50” curved DV8 Off-road Chrome Series for 5 years on our truck and it’s been solid. No condensation on the inside and still works great. Not sure where you plan on mounting your lights but if you do put a bar on the top of your vehicle they are very noisy going down the highway. It drives some people nuts but we have just learned to get used to it. The best mounts on the market I would recommend buying are from So Cal super trucks. Those mounts are definitely buy once cry once but are very solid and high quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies so far. The lights will be mounted on an ARB front bumper.

Cubby

WKR
I sale westin light bars and use them as well. Great light with lifetime warranty. Be sure to get the combo lights they are the best

RAPTOR

WKR
Get what you pay for with light bars and pod lights. Some have no issues with the chinese knockoffs and others constantly replace them, they leak, they pull current while off, etc. Rigid, BD, Vision X are all reputable companies and stand behind their products.

PAtwell

FNG
I have had a RC 40" curved on my truck for a short period of time with no issues.

I have a 30" ebay chineezey one mounted to the cowcatcher of the ford. Bright bugger....
IMG_0565_zpslj5tu5uj.jpg

IMG_0563_zpsufeapldb.jpg

IMG_0621_zpszif85yme.jpg