Left EXO pack near Bayfield CO

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
My "hunting partner" left my buddies exo pack at a camp spot on public ground east of bayfield CO. I can describe the pack and contents. If anyone found it please let me know, I really don't want to have to buy my buddy a new pack. Thanks

Edit to add: I already went back to see if it was still there and someone had already picked it up. It was in a campsite in the saul creek area. Thanks for all the help so far. This is my last day out so I'll be out all day hunting, happened to get service on this ridge. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I'll try to reach out to them

OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
It was just left this afternoon and had already been picked up when we went back to try to find it

Poser

WKR
Try posting on some of the Durango and Bayfield community FB groups. People routinely have success with lost and found on there. Post a pic as well.

OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Ok. I don't have facebook I'll have to have someone do it for me. That's a good idea though

OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Long shot bump. Already paid my buddy for his pack. Lesson learned, go solo!

archp625

WKR
If your hunting partner left it there, why do you have to pay for it ?
Sounds like it to me that he borrowed a different buddies pack for his hunting buddy. Since he borrowed it he was responsible for it. Good on his part to own up to the mistake. We need more people like this out there.

Last edited:
OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like it to me that he borrowed a different buddies pack for his hunting buddy. Since he borrowed it he was responsible for me. Good on his part to own up to the mistake. We need more people like this out there.
Yep this is exactly the situation. I was the one who borrowed it so the other guy could use it. So it's on me

Scoot

WKR
IN, just curious-- is the guy who forgot it not stepping up to pay for a replacement? Even if I wasn't the person who borrowed it, if I was the idiot who lost it I would be paying for its replacement.

OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Without getting into a bunch of unnecessary details I'll just say I won't hold my breath waiting on that.

Scoot

WKR
Without getting into a bunch of unnecessary details I'll just say I won't hold my breath waiting on that.

Gotcha. I'd do the same thing in your shoes. Sounds like you've also identified a person to not hunt with in the future too. I hope the pack turns up.

Ouch. Did your buddy realize he had borrowed a $600 pack? Should have lent him your kids school backpack.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
Yep this is exactly the situation. I was the one who borrowed it so the other guy could use it. So it's on me

Good to see people own up to their doings. Rare these days

However I think you should pay your buddy, but your hunting partner should pay you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro