Left handed bow recommendation with 31+ inch draw

Hi all, I am new to shooting bows. I am
having a hard time finding a left hand bow with a plus 31in draw. I bought a bow tech diamond last year on eBay but it just to short is a draw length. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Dang, that's a long draw. Have you tried eliminating the d loop and attaching your release directly to the string? That should feel like an extra 1/2" or so.

Clifford

FNG
I think PSE quit making the Beast model but it went up to 33” I think if you can find one used anywhere.

OP
W
Dang, that's a long draw. Have you tried eliminating the d loop and attaching your release directly to the string? That should feel like an extra 1/2" or so.
I haven’t tried that but I will, thank you for the tip!

Clifford

FNG
I had to look it up since the beast got discontinued. The EVO NXT 33 is listed with a max draw of 32”.

Prime made LD versions of the 2017 Centergy and Centergy Hybrid. Caps out at 31". It has slightly longer limbs and brace height. You should be able to find one for a total steal now. I have a Hybrid and it is the most stable and natural aiming how I've ever shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks going to look around see where I can find a good deal.

Go back 2-4 years and look for their 34 inch models. Check for aluminum bows. Same tech as carbon but with aluminum riser. Nitrum, defiant 34, helix, nitrux. I shoot a pro defiant 34 (2017 bow) and love it.

Even though you are wrong handed, I bet you can find one cheap.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm left-handed and shoot at 32 1/2" draw. I have two older Bowtech's and a PSE Freak SP. There have been quite a few long draw bows come out over the years, and more every year. Find a decent shop and ask for help. You can also shoot the RH bows left-handed to get a feel for them as well. I'd sell you one of my older bows, but I just can't seem to let go of them.

OP
W
I had to look it up since the beast got discontinued. The EVO NXT 33 is listed with a max draw of 32”.
That’s the length I am looking for, now to find one that is left handed haha. Thanks for the help
Go back 2-4 years and look for their 34 inch models. Check for aluminum bows. Same tech as carbon but with aluminum riser. Nitrum, defiant 34, helix, nitrux. I shoot a pro defiant 34 (2017 bow) and love it.

Even though you are wrong handed, I bet you can find one cheap.

OP
W
Will do, going to look today.
I'm left-handed and shoot at 32 1/2" draw. I have two older Bowtech's and a PSE Freak SP. There have been quite a few long draw bows come out over the years, and more every year. Find a decent shop and ask for help. You can also shoot the RH bows left-handed to get a feel for them as well. I'd sell you one of my older bows, but I just can't seem to let go of them.
haha someone that understands my pain. How does shooting the RH bows work left handed? Is there a conversion setup? Sorry rookie on the bows.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
haha someone that understands my pain. How does shooting the RH bows work left handed? Is there a conversion setup? Sorry rookie on the bows.

No you just grip it with your right hand and shoot it.....just to get a feel for the draw and the shot. There are some bows like the Hoyts that have risers that make it very difficult to shoot with the other hand, but most can be done easily just to get a feel for it before ordering or finding a LH model.

OP
W
Oh right! Ok sounds good, thank you for the help. I have been spinning my wheels for a couple months on this just because I don’t have the knowledge on them. I have a good starting point now.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Oh right! Ok sounds good, thank you for the help. I have been spinning my wheels for a couple months on this just because I don’t have the knowledge on them. I have a good starting point now.

When I first started archery I went to a local shop and it just happened that the day I went they were closed. They used to be closed on Mondays. Well, when I was reading all the stuff on their door the owner saw me standing out there so unlocked the door and let me in. We spent 3-4 hours talking about stuff and looking at and shooting bows as I was starting from square one.

That made a world of difference in me starting off right without the huge learning curve. He made a point of teaching me everything that would make me self-sufficient in this sport so I could do it all myself......which was great. We remain good friends today. Hopefully you can find someone as willing to help you. Where do you live?

Not left handed but I have a 33" draw. I shot a Bow Tech Constitution for many years. I have the PSE beast and last year picked up the Mathews Traverse. It is only a "32.5" draw but feels more like a 33.

As to the hook directly to the string. This will shorten your DL, not increase it. A longer D loop would allow you to shoot a shorter DL bow.

OP
W
When I first started archery I went to a local shop and it just happened that the day I went they were closed. They used to be closed on Mondays. Well, when I was reading all the stuff on their door the owner saw me standing out there so unlocked the door and let me in. We spent 3-4 hours talking about stuff and looking at and shooting bows as I was starting from square one.

That made a world of difference in me starting off right without the huge learning curve. He made a point of teaching me everything that would make me self-sufficient in this sport so I could do it all myself......which was great. We remain good friends today. Hopefully you can find someone as willing to help you. Where do you live?