Sold Left Handed Custom 30-06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rejoice, lefties. A custom rifle for sale chambered in the venerable 30-06 Springfield. This rifle was custom built for me by Garret Preece of Preece Precision. Garret is a master gunsmith and competitive shooter based out of Utah. He builds amazing rifles and you can check out his work here:
https://www.preece-precision.com/

Garret built this rifle to my specs using a brand new stainless left hand Tikka action. Here is the rundown of specs:
  • Trued Tikka stainless action
  • Spiral fluted bolt
  • Bolt and action cerakoted in graphite black
  • 22" Proof Carbon Sendero barrel blank
  • Chamber job - cut and crown
  • Mesa Altitude Stock in Alpine finish
  • Glass bedding
I can honestly say that this is the smoothest bolt that I have ever cycled on a hunting rifle. I am not sure how Garret did it, but the action on this rifle is rock solid and absolutely silky. At the range, it shoots sub MOA groups and if I really buckle down on my technique, I can get that down to 1/2 MOA groups. Keep in mind that I shoot with off the shelf range ammo (Sellier & Bellot 150 grain SPCE) and I'm not someone who shoots a lot. If you handload and/or have good technique, I would imagine that you can improve upon my results.

In the field, I have taken two elk and one hog with this gun. I have taken very good care of it, though you might find some very minor blemishes here and there. Realistically, the total round count is probably around 400. Having said that, 30-06 carries the added benefit of long barrel life, so this barrel has several thousand rounds to go. This rifle should serve you well in pretty much any hunting scenario for years to come. Total weight (***including DNZ mount***) 7 lbs.

I am currently experimenting with 6.5 PRC and can't really afford to keep two rifles around. I will sell this rifle for SOLD shipped to your FFL, which is far less than I paid for the brand new action and all of Garret's custom work to build it out from there. I will include a hard case and DNZ scope mount as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. *No Trades*

I don't transact much on Rokslide, but I have a boatload of feedback available from transactions on other sites and would be happy to provide that.

IMG_1402.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg
IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1405.jpg
IMG_1407.jpg
IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1409.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg

Last edited:
OP
S
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been asked a few times, and the listing has been updated - I am not accepting trades. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.