Leftover Wyoming Antelope...help!

Unfortunately this year I was really unlucky and failed to draw a license in 3 separate states. So now I’m scrambling to get something together for the fall. I’m looking to do my first ever antelope hunt and I see a bunch of units in Wyoming are still available. I know that public access in these units isn’t great, but is it doable? I’m really not looking to kill a trophy. Just about any adult antelope will do. I’m in it for the adventure and for that tasty speed goat meat! I’m open to go anywhere, but I’ve kinda been keying in on possible units 15, or 19. Would applying for units 3 or 4 be a better bet? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Help!

They’ll all get drawn. Except the type 2 tag in 23 and maybe some of the other type 2.

You can look at last years leftover draw odds and get a feel for what the situation was - and then maybe just say add 20% to any of the odds you see there- basically just assume your odds are 20% worse this year than last and apply accordingly. Like I say the 23-2 tags will still be available to buy otc most likely after the draw but that’s a trespass fee (priVte land) Hunt so you’d want to nail down who will host you and for how much $$$. You could put in for a leftover region a deer tag or whitetail tag also

OP
LetItFly43
How is the leftover region A deer tag? I’m really not looking to spend money on a trespass fee as I love DIY on public land. I would rather hunt antelope given the chance, but I’m not opposed to chasing some muleys either.

Google up Wyoming region a and see what they’re website says. Has harvest stats, age class, access alll that stuff and even had kinks to more specifics about the individual areas in the region.

OP
LetItFly43
Google up Wyoming region a and see what they’re website says. Has harvest stats, age class, access alll that stuff and even had kinks to more specifics about the individual areas in the region.
The Wyoming website is pretty great in regards to data. I already checked out a lot of that info. Was just looking for some more personal insight / experiences.