Legacy International Pointer SA shotguns - good or junk?

TauPhi111

WKR
What's up guys. Been MIA for a while, but I'm back with this quandary. I'm looking to get a dedicated waterfowl shotgun this year...sick and tired of protecting my red dot on my deer/turkey set up i have on my 870 in the blind from getting wet and banged around. I actually really like wing shooting with a red dot. In the dove field it is great, but in the duck harsh conditions of a duck blind its a nightmare. I'm saving my Cabelas points for a shotgun, and I'm now toying with this question...do i save a little longer or spend some extra money and get something nice (price range I'm looking at is something like a Stoeger M3500 or Franchi Afinity), or knowing the rigors of waterfowl hunting, get a beater, clean it up, coat it with some Brownells Alumahyde, and not worry about it water and muck and dings and dogs.

Of course, above all i want a reliable gun. I was in the local Cabelas gun library today, and they have a bunch of Legacy International Pointer semi auto shotguns made by Armsan in Turkey. Now I have several Turkish and eastern block guns and I have known them all to be very reliable and well made. Does anyone have any experience with these shotguns in particular that can attest to their quality and reliability? If I decide to go the beater route, would this be a good choice?

I’m a big fan of the m3500, been a solid performer for me. Take care of it and it will last a while. After about 15 cases of 3 in steel it started cycling slow, got a new spring for like $15 on Midwest gunwerks. Haven’t had anymore issues since. My only dislike is the giant red bead it comes with. It’s like having a crayon on there. Made me shoot low until I figured it out.