Legal bull in Colorado?

cnelk

WKR
The bull on the right is a 5pt. Perfectly legal

The bull on the left is a 3pt. Is he legal?

683470E8-6166-4279-BB8A-AA41BEBBE148.jpeg

Jbehredt

WKR
Not in my camp. Never even briefly considered shooting without 4 pts. Brown tine would have to be past his nose :)

Marble

WKR
My initial instinct is yes. But I would have to see a different angle. We've killed a couple 3 pointers over the years. The brow tines are generally 5 inches if they have one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
have to see a different angle. Guided in MT where it was 4" tine on bottom half of antler. I would be telling my client to shoot if they wanted on that bull. But that extra inch? hard to say not live in person or a better picture.

Geewhiz

WKR
None of you guys are taking into consideration that he is going to lose 1/8 inch of fuzz when he sheds his velvet.

At this point with his velvet he is def legal, after that velvet is shed and he loses that 1/8 inch of fuzz, for sure not legal. :LOL:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Legal? Maybe, but also depends on the unit. Maybe isn't good enough in my book. I tend to underestimate bulls in the field. Even bulls on the wall in stores.......from 40-50 yards away I look at some and think "he's OK" and then get right under him and he's 370". I've passed on a lot of bulls that I wish I hadn't. But this 3-point is an easy pass IMO.

specneeds

Lil-Rokslider
He’d have to be close enough to use a tape measure. That brow tine is very close wishful thinking might make him legal but too close for me to call.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've always stuck to my 4pt rule as I don't want to be making that call on the fly. If I can't instantly make the call of shoot or not to shoot, I'm passing. That photo there, I'm passing.

squirrel

WKR
yep he's legal. Now if you see this monster with antler still attached it would give pause. I can't imagine Id ever be so lacking in freezer material to actually shoot either one though. This picture is a collection of Colorados finest deer elk and moose.E49AA57A-0F4D-463E-8257-76AB50BF08C8.jpeg

Hunterbug

FNG
I'm not positive so I'd pass. But remember, that restriction is only for about 1/3 of the state, not all of it. There are alot of units where any bull is legal so check the regs for your unit.

Laramie

WKR
Yes, he is legal but that is one of the more questionable ones I have seen. Fun pic to consider.

Gapmaster

WKR
My first look was a No, and that's on my computer under no excitement. In the field I'd personally pass. I think if you have to look twice or try and gauge off nose length, etc. then the ethical thing to do is pass.