Legal draw weight question

Blasey

FNG
Many states (including AK) have a minimum draw weight requirement for archery. My question is; does it have to say that on the bow? My dilemma is; I need at least 50lbs. If I buy a bow that says 45@28", then pull that back to 31" which would make it 51 pounds or more with most bows. Would I be legal? I would of course check that with my scale before hunting to be sure it was over 50. Finding a used bow that says 50#@31" is almost impossible. Is this rule open to interpretation, depending on the game warden?

BBob

WKR

OP
Blasey

Blasey

FNG
Thank you for the link. I've asked two different troopers and received two different answers. I'm just curious what the rest of the groups' opinion is.

OP
Blasey

Blasey

FNG
There is actually a ton of very good info in that link, I wish i would have seen it earlier!

ODB

WKR
You can wet-sand off the 45@28 and use ink pens to write your actual draw length. And spray a clear coat. Not every bow maker marks at 28”. My recurve is marked at 58@ 27 5/8” my longbow was marked 60@ 26 1/2”

Bow makers stretch the truth. I would hope if you got busted like that that they'd actually measure the draw weight rather than go off of manufacturers charts. But, who knows.