Leica 2400R... should I buy?

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about picking one of these up.
I mainly archery hunt with some rifle sprinkled in. I really would like to hear from guys that have actually used this or any other R series rangefinder. I don't care to have ballistic info but obviously need angle corrected ranges. Is there a delay before it gives angle corrected ranges? Is it annoying? I want to hear real world experiences.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For archery it is a great unit:
  • 10-2400 Yard Measurement Range
  • 0.1-Yard Readings for First 200 Yards
  • Scan Mode Measurements Every 0.5 Seconds
  • AquaDura Coated Lenses
  • Integrated Inclinometer with EHR System
  • Red LED Display with Auto Brightness
  • Metering range from 10 to 2400 yards
  • Readings in decimals down to 0.1 yards, up to a measuring distance of 200 yards, provide precise ranges for archers
  • Metering accuracy of ±1 yard to 400 yards; ±2 yard from 400-800 yards; ±0.5% beyond 800 yards
  • Spot and continuous scan mode
  • Fast scan mode takes measurement every 0.5 seconds
  • Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR)
  • Integrated inclinometer measures relative angle to target
  • EHR algorithm uses distance and angle to calculate an adjusted range for more accurate shot placement
  • Calculates range, including EHR, in 0.3 seconds

It would be our pleasure to discuss this with you, please feel free to give us a call. 516-217-1000
Have a great day
Doug

OP
ericl33

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
For archery it is a great unit:
  • 10-2400 Yard Measurement Range
  • 0.1-Yard Readings for First 200 Yards
  • Scan Mode Measurements Every 0.5 Seconds
  • AquaDura Coated Lenses
  • Integrated Inclinometer with EHR System
  • Red LED Display with Auto Brightness
  • Metering range from 10 to 2400 yards
  • Readings in decimals down to 0.1 yards, up to a measuring distance of 200 yards, provide precise ranges for archers
  • Metering accuracy of ±1 yard to 400 yards; ±2 yard from 400-800 yards; ±0.5% beyond 800 yards
  • Spot and continuous scan mode
  • Fast scan mode takes measurement every 0.5 seconds
  • Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR)
  • Integrated inclinometer measures relative angle to target
  • EHR algorithm uses distance and angle to calculate an adjusted range for more accurate shot placement
  • Calculates range, including EHR, in 0.3 seconds

It would be our pleasure to discuss this with you, please feel free to give us a call. 516-217-1000
Have a great day
Doug
you know I was going to call you!

OP
ericl33

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
It's awesome. No delay- you will get an angle-compensated reading very quickly.
So it doesn't first give line of sight and then angle compensated range afterwards? I read that somewhere and thought it sounded kind of dumb.

OP
ericl33

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
So I bought the 2400R from Doug. The only issue I have is it gives the line of sight range first then 2 seconds later gives the horizontal range. Kinda sucks that I had to buy it to find that out but oh well I'll give it a shot this fall. Love everything about it otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

TreyPound

FNG
The new Sig's have some great stuff in them, no doubt. The two way pairing with the Kestrel make the 2400 BDX my favorite in terms of workflow, at least theoretically, as I don't have one.

That said, they are 7x, just as the Leicas are..glass in the BDX is the same as in the ABS, so to my eyes, Leica gets the nod on that matchup. But good choices all 'round!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like my 2400, I’ve had it 5-6 weeks now, it was a major upgrade from the old Nikon I had.

So I bought the 2400R from Doug. The only issue I have is it gives the line of sight range first then 2 seconds later gives the horizontal range. Kinda sucks that I had to buy it to find that out but oh well I'll give it a shot this fall. Love everything about it otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Does it give horizontal range in scan mode? That is a huge plus as I can use scan mode to verify horizontal yardage instantly with my Leupold RX1600i.

I hate the 2.5 second delay for the horizontal yardage on my Leica 1000R as well as no horizontal yardage in scan mode. Flawed programming for a mountain bowhunter and it sits in the truck while the Leupold goes hunting.