Leica 2700-B EHR

slowelk

WKR
I am familiar with how to navigate through the settings to enable EHR (equivalent horizontal range), but I'm unclear on if EHR is working when I'm not using a ballistic profile from the SD card. If I'm using it just as a standard range finder, is it still giving me angle compensation?

Leica CS never returns a phone call.

I also have that rangefinder and believe it is. It does not use temp / pressure corrections under 100 yards (thinking archery) and does above that.

I had the same experience with their CS. Literally called them every single day until I got ahold of a guy who really knows his stuff. I can pass along his info if you have further questions. I was getting different reads than some fellow hunters also with high quality rangefinders. He said it was almost certainly due to the difference in how the 2700b compensates for temp and pressure in their compensated ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
slowelk

slowelk

WKR
I also have that rangefinder and believe it is. It does not use temp / pressure corrections under 100 yards (thinking archery) and does above that.

I had the same experience with their CS. Literally called them every single day until I got ahold of a guy who really knows his stuff. I can pass along his info if you have further questions. I was getting different reads than some fellow hunters also with high quality rangefinders. He said it was almost certainly due to the difference in how the 2700b compensates for temp and pressure in their compensated ranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info! So to confirm, EHR is working when just ranging for distance, not using a ballistic profile? It's also weird that after I clearly select EHR that ABC comes back up when a recycle through the menu. Is that your experience as well?

I'd appreciate that CS guy's info, feel free to PM it to me.

I am familiar with how to navigate through the settings to enable EHR (equivalent horizontal range), but I'm unclear on if EHR is working when I'm not using a ballistic profile from the SD card. If I'm using it just as a standard range finder, is it still giving me angle compensation?

Leica CS never returns a phone call.
I have the the HDB-3000’s and would actually say that I think the opposite is true, let me explain. When I have the mode set to EHR, it returns a range that takes in to account the angle. When I have it set to a ballistic profile, the ballistic solution that it gives takes into account the angle, HOWEVER the range that it display does not take into account the angle. I have verified this to be true. I have ranged an object with considerable angle using both settings and this is what happens.

With any of Leica's Ballistic rangefinders you must be in some sort of profile in order for the EHR to work. So for example with the 2700-B. If I decided I am only going to use it for archery and not have an SD card inserted, I would still need to put in one of the preset curves (US1 for example), then select an SID (sight in distance), and then EHR to get angle calculation. From 10-100 yards the EHR is basically working off of cosign, and 100-1200 off of a ballistic curve. I know this sounds a little counterintuitive, but is just how it has to be programed on such a small "computer." PM me if you have any further questions.