Leica 2800 for bowhunting

Buffalo0922

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

due to desperation of needing something quick and limited options I ended up with the Leica 2800 which was on sale for $750. I know the glass is great and the brand is quality, but this thing is really annoying to use.

Is there any way to get just the EHR or horizontal equivalent distance to pop up first? Right now I have to have ballistic data turned on and wait 2-3 secs for the EHR distance to pop up after the actual distance.

Does anybody use this for bowhunting and like it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I had the 2700b and moved away from it for that exact reason. There's no way to make it read EHR first from my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbuckdj

WKR
Hey guys,

due to desperation of needing something quick and limited options I ended up with the Leica 2800 which was on sale for $750. I know the glass is great and the brand is quality, but this thing is really annoying to use.

Is there any way to get just the EHR or horizontal equivalent distance to pop up first? Right now I have to have ballistic data turned on and wait 2-3 secs for the EHR distance to pop up after the actual distance.

Does anybody use this for bowhunting and like it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I think the 2 second delay is a little annoying. I plan to use mine for bow hunting. The accuracy and glass quality is a big enough pro to outweigh it for me. There’s a number of guys on here using a Leica rf and they all do the 2 second delay. I’m sure they will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Buffalo0922

Buffalo0922

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks - sounds like I’m stuck with the delay. Maybe Leica will offer an update at some point.

really want to like this thing, but I kind of miss my razor 4000 now.