Leica 65mm spotter

DRUSS

WKR
Does anyone know if Leica dropped the current 65 mm spotter? I wanted to compare one to a stx 65 and see which one I preferred, but didn't see then on the website anymore. Maybe a updated version coming??

OP
D

DRUSS

WKR
I've used Kowa and like it also. My current Zeiss 65mm is about 22yrs aged and I was hoping to find a replacement this season? I thought I was going to get the Leica, but things change I guess. Back to the study board. Or wait it out for a classified deal possibly?

Q child

WKR
That is tough. Those Leicas were nice. I went through this same thing about a year ago. I ended up with a big swaro and a little Kowa.

Q child

WKR
I bought the BTX and the 85mm lens. Its really nice. It is bigger than I want it to be a lot of the time though, so I supplemented with a 55mm Kowa.
The Kowa is the clear winner when it comes to the focusing mechanism.
Can't really go wrong with the Swarovski. Straightforward excellence. I've looked through the ATX with the 65mm lens, and its awesome. Never looked through the 95 or 115 - neither really appeals to me, just too big. But hey, that's the beauty of their system. Make it what you want.