Leica Amplus 6 Riflescope review by Josh Boyd **updated 7/5/22**

8nbait

Lil-Rokslider
Did you check the total available travel when you had the scope?

I have this same scope and mine has 6 full turns or 120 MOA total travel. I’ll be mounting it in Hawkins 25 MOA rings, expecting 55-70 Travel after setting the zero stop.

SDHNTR

WKR
We gonna get to see the conclusion on this one? Waiting patiently to see how well it retains zero.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
We gonna get to see the conclusion on this one? Waiting patiently to see how well it retains zero.

There no one wanting this completed more than myself. It’s a horrible feeling seeing this review in its incomplete form.

I talked to the marketing contact this past weekend at the expo and he promised to get a scope back into my hands as soon as possible. When he does, my first priority is to finish things up and report back here.

I appreciate everyone’s patience.

-Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
There no one wanting this completed more than myself. It’s a horrible feeling seeing this review in its incomplete form.

I talked to the marketing contact this past weekend at the expo and he promised to get a scope back into my hands as soon as possible. When he does, my first priority is to finish things up and report back here.

-Josh

Gotcha. While were at it, could you ask those contacts at Leica for a descriptive difference between the Amplus and Magnus lines? The Magnus is more expensive and heavier. To me that logically seems like it would mean better glass and stronger construction. Is that accurate? The Leica website does a poor job of explaining the differences.

.577NE

FNG

-Josh

I am very much looking forward to you reporting back on the Amplus.

following to see test results. I have the Lecia ER5 2-10 and its beautiful glass... wanting to go in for an upgrade this season. I will be selling this and have been looking at the Amplus, V4, or LHT.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay on this review as testing was "paused" for while until I could get another optic in hand. Last week a test scope arrived and I had it mounted without delay. Everything is dialed and ready for spring bear and some range time!

For those who are still curious about this scope and have an interest in the review I want to say thank you for sticking with me!

thumbnail_IMG_5763 (1).jpg

-Josh

fwafwow

WKR
Sorry for the delay on this review as testing was "paused" for while until I could get another optic in hand. Last week a test scope arrived and I had it mounted without delay. Everything is dialed and ready for spring bear and some range time!

For those who are still curious about this scope and have an interest in the review I want to say thank you for sticking with me!

View attachment 404945

-Josh
Thanks Josh! Will you also do a Form test?

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Josh! Will you also do a Form test?

I’m not sure. I’d have to look into what is involved and go from there. I really hate dropping optics on purpose…especially if they are on loan. But if it’s something that provides value to the review I’d be open to it. So maybe

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m not sure. I’d have to look into what is involved and go from there. I really hate dropping optics on purpose…especially if they are on loan. But if it’s something that provides value to the review I’d be open to it. So maybe

There’s definitely value in that form of testing done right. See what I did there? How else are we to know that a scope will hold zero after years of use?

klejeski

Lil-Rokslider
Getting down to the wire. Josh or anyone with input. Leica amplus 6 vs leupold vx6HD 3-18 Tmoa reticle. Which scope. Leaning towards the cleaner sight picture Of the leupold Which scope if they were the same price ?

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting down to the wire. Josh or anyone with input. Leica amplus 6 vs leupold vx6HD 3-18 Tmoa reticle. Which scope. Leaning towards the cleaner sight picture Of the leupold Which scope if they were the same price ?
That's a really tough call. The glass in both scopes are really nice with a slight edge going to the Amplus but the Tmoa reticle of the VX6 is considerably less cluttered. At this point I've used the tree-styled reticles enough that I am used to them, but if a clean sight picture is desired about all else, then the VX6 would be a better fit.

price-wise I think the Leica edges out the Leupold unless you can find a deal online.

SDHNTR

WKR
Ok but how does it track, RTZ and hold zero after impact? Good glass is good glass and they all have good glass. Which scope works the best and is the most reliable?

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok but how does it track, RTZ and hold zero after impact? Good glass is good glass and they all have good glass. Which scope works the best and is the most reliable?
All of those things are getting tested. I was responding to Klejeski with a few quick thoughts between the two optics mentioned. Your questions are the meat between the bread and will be answered in the review.

SDHNTR

WKR
All of those things are getting tested. I was responding to Klejeski with a few quick thoughts between the two optics mentioned. Your questions are the meat between the bread and will be answered in the review.
Thanks! Btw, I like my sandos packed with meat!

Smfigari

FNG
That's a really tough call. The glass in both scopes are really nice with a slight edge going to the Amplus but the Tmoa reticle of the VX6 is considerably less cluttered. At this point I've used the tree-styled reticles enough that I am used to them, but if a clean sight picture is desired about all else, then the VX6 would be a better fit.

price-wise I think the Leica edges out the Leupold unless you can find a deal online.
I was hoping for some information from an individual who has shot both. I am currently between the Maven RS.5, this Leica, and the Leupold VX6 3-18. I have only ever shot the Leupold and do not know anyone who has used the other two optics.

Would you say that any of these consistently edge out the others, and if so how?