Leica Amplus 6 vs Maven RS1.2

Dadams23

FNG
I am looking into getting either a Leica Amplus 6 3-18x44 or a Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44. I have been following the RS1.2 thread and have seen that it is getting a lot of praise, but I cannot find much on the Amplus 6. Has anyone compared the 2 and be able to tell me how the reliability, brightness, clarity, etc stack up against eachother.

Just looking at the Leica page, they don’t appear to have anyway to hold for wind for a lot of the models…. Or they just don’t have updated pics of their reticles. The description says they can hold for wind, but most the pics appear like standard duplex

Last edited:

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
Bushnell elite series, Zeiss conquest V6, Nightforce nx8, Swarovski z5. Clarity is up there with all of them, maybe a bit below the Z5 and definitely above the Bushy. My only complaint on the scope is eye relief, and it seems like clarity goes down (my perception) at a faster rate going up in mag than some of the others. The Nx8 is probably a fair comparison? I'm not the greatest evaluator in optic quality so take it all with a grain of salt.

The aquaphobic coating that Leica uses is top notch though. Right up there with Bushnell and Zeiss and to me that's what's most important... seeing through the scope regardless of conditions. I will be buying more of these, especially given the value compared to those other brands.