Leica APO 25-50 Eyepiece Issue

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all. This will be a very specific thread for a small segment of the RS population. To keep it brief I will make fact statements.

When in nature I never noticed it. I was at home looking at the side of my house (blank white wall) and noticed black pixel like dots in the view on lowest power. As I zoom in the pixels eventually go away. I thought it was dirt but after a cleaning they are still there. My thought is coating delamination, or the bottom focus stop needs to be adjusted. I scoured the internet about a year ago and found one thread on the subject with no responses.

This has happen three times.
1) First time they replaced the eyepiece.
2) Second time they repaired the previously replaced eyepiece.
3) I just bought a used 65mm and the eyepiece is showing at least 3-4 dots.

That’s three instances I’ve experienced so there must be others out there. When I pressed the Leica repair department on what the issue was they wouldn’t answer my questions.

Has anyone else had this problem? Point your scope at a wall that’s one color, preferably white. Focus on the wall and then look around for pixel like dots. Let me know what you find.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Take the eyepiece off the scope and shine a flashlight through from both sides and see what you can see, if anything, going on inside

OP
M

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider

So I found the above. I’m having the same problem but not as bad. 1 dot or a 1000 dots, it’s still a dot. I guess the answer is to send it in. I just wish I knew what the problem was. It has to be a known issue within Leica. I wish they would own up to it.