Leica Customer Service... improved any?

TheCougar

WKR
I’m on the threshold of purchasing a high end spotter, most likely a Swaro ATS 65mm or a Leica APO Televid 65. I’ve talked too a couple very reputable guys and both said the same thing - the Leica beats the Swaro ATS. What’s holding me back is Leica’s reputation for terrible CS and Swaros excellent CS(which I have experience with). It has been said that Leica is working to improve their CS. Any truth to this? Has anyone seen the fruits of this? Besides the obvious answer of buying an ATX (which is beyond my budget), what would you do? Better glass or better CS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
The treated me very well last year, I sent in 10x42 and 15x56 bino's for cleaning and to check over. They charged me nothing and the weird part was it took a couple of weeks longer to get my 15x56 back, when I received them it was a brand new pair, I have no idea what they found with my used pair but I didn't ask any questions. They were 4 years old.

AGPank

WKR
Search here or the bird forums, you will find many positive experiences.

Keep in mind Swaro is bringing back the ATM/ STM lightweight spotters back this year. Hard to beat a STM 25x50 WA setup. Not sure thats what they are calling them yet but should be pretty sweet. I hope leica did fix CS my dealer dumped em years ago over poor CS
Be nice if they did.

Rich M

WKR
I sent an ER 2.5-10x44 scope back in cause a piece of black from inside the scope ended up inside the reticle - they sent a letter back saying nothing wrong with scope - removed speck but left a diff speck.

I just don't like the idea of the $$$$ scope losing so much value. It is outside warranty period now with a 4 year old scope. Scope functions fine and has superb optics, just no resale or trade value. Not putting another penny into it or buying Leica again.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s a pretty big endorsement from gr8fuldoug... if he thinks they’ve turned over a new leaf, then that is a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last 2 years Leica has totally turned their CS dept around into a 1st rate department that you would want and expect from them. No worries at all

Rich M

WKR
That's when I went thru my Leica experience - last year - not satisfied or happy with them. With what you pay, you'd expect better.

Broomd

WKR
Keep in mind Swaro is bringing back the ATM/ STM lightweight spotters back this year. Hard to beat a STM 25x50 WA setup. Not sure thats what they are calling them yet but should be pretty sweet. ....

Link?

I've yet to pay one cent for any warranty work with a Leica product. Their glass is stellar, but the edge still goes to swarovski for the overall experience in my book. Leica can still be a pita to make and maintain contact with for repairs. Kudos for the improvements though, I hope that continues.

I now hear it will be through dealers only and noy advertised but available. Check with your local dealer

North61

Lil-Rokslider
The extendable eye piece on my Apo-65 no longer moves out and back smoothly. I sent it to New Jersey and they will have it back to me fixed for free on Warrantyin about 6 weeks from start to finish. Good communications and it all seems good so far as long as they do what they say they will.

FNG
I have an old 77 apo televid. Last fall I lost the rear eye cover, called to ask about what they recommend for a replacement. They sent a factory one right out. This scope hasn't been made in almost 20 years. I thought that was awesome.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve had great results with Leica customer service; but I treat people with respect and don’t usually have problems.

Yeah when I dealt with them they actually thanked me for being so nice, seems many feel the rep is the reason for their issue and treats them like a complete ass. I’ve always found if I show a little kindness/respect it seems to always work out.

jwooley

Lil-Rokslider
I Just sent my geovid HD-Bs in for a cold weather issue. They have had them for the last month and said they had to go back to the factory for the repair. Ill post about my experience when I get them back.

Mike 338

WKR
Positive experience here. Had a rangefinder whose lens became cloudy. Sent it in and they sent me a new one and in a timely manner.