Leica Geovid Ballistic Feature

JGRaider

WKR
If I decide to pull the trigger on a new Geovid, with the new passport warranty, I've got a question.

In spite of my piss poor experience with a previous Geovid, I'm considering trying one again. I'm wondering if the ballistic feature is worth the extra $$$, being that the 3200 Geovid is the only one with that feature? I know my inputs (proven holdovers) are good to go because my Sig 2200 spits them out like clockwork.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I just got a pair of the 3200’s. Although I haven’t played with them much, I am impressed. Was given a cheat sheet from Leica’s duty expert on them regarding pairing w kestrel/ballistic inputs etc. (manual has no info on it) PM me and I’ll email it over.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
Are you able to setup the ballistics with a yardage readout, and a mil hold readout? I've heard/read that you had to range in meters in order get a mil corrected readout?

Are you able to setup the ballistics with a yardage readout, and a mil hold readout? I've heard/read that you had to range in meters in order get a mil corrected readout?
The yardage or meter selection is separate from the ballistic settings. Once you select yards, you can then set up for MIL, MOA, EHR (range based on angle, ballistics, atmospherics), or holdover (inches). If you are set for MILs it read for example 550 Y then C (clicks) 32 (3.2 mils).