Leica Geovid HD-B software upgrade?

83cj-7

WKR
I have an older pair of HD-Bs that only displays MOA in whole numbers when using the built in ballistics. Apparently this is how the older ones were. My question is if anyone knows if Leica can update the software in them to show MOA with 1/10th increments like the newer ones?

tdhanses

WKR
I’d contact Leica, my guess is also if they could you would have to send them in.

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
I plan on contacting them on Monday and I figure they would have to go back to them. Just thought maybe someone may have gone through this in the past.
I’ve had these for quite a while and had never messed with the ballistics feature. I had no idea you could make custom dope and put it on an SD card.

No sir, the old units don't get firmware upgrades. Firmware updates were instituted with the launch of the COMS with BlueTooth connectivity.

tdhanses

WKR
No sir, the old units don't get firmware upgrades. Firmware updates were instituted with the launch of the COMS with BlueTooth connectivity.
I think he understands this but is wondering if Leica could update older binos to newer firmware, not himself.

Sorry. No matter how you slice it, there is no functionality upgrade (from whole MOA to XX.1 MOA) available for older Geovid HD-Bs.

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
Seems like your right. I guess I may have to upgrade my binos if I want that feature.

Let me know if I can help in any way, and if you're thinking of upgrading, BOLO for an announcement from Leica on Thursday at DSC.

bpurtz

WKR
I have an older pair of HD-Bs that only displays MOA in whole numbers when using the built in ballistics. Apparently this is how the older ones were. My question is if anyone knows if Leica can update the software in them to show MOA with 1/10th increments like the newer ones?
I had a set of Geovid 2000 HD-B that listed the MOA as you describe. You might check to see if you can adjust the units to display the MOA in 1/4 increments then simply divide the result by 4.

For example, if you change the MOA display to 1-4 and range an object that gives a result of 46 (1/4 MOA) - 46 divided by 4 is 11.5 MOA.

Leaving the setting for the MOA display on the 1-1 will round up the 46 quarter clicks to 12 MOA.

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
Bpurtz, thanks for the idea. I will play with that and see if I can use it in that format. It certainly won’t be quite as fast, but I’m pretty good at doing math in my head.