Leica Geovid HD-B Vs Swaro EL Range

ZioRob

FNG
I'm looking at getting a new set of 10x42 bino's and tossing up between the Leica Geovid HD-B or the Swaro EL Range.

Who's had the opportunity to compare both side by side? and what are peoples thoughts?

Would love to hear opinions as to why you chose one over the other.

Zeiss RF 100%. If I had to choose between those two I would go with EL Range. Resale on Geovid HD-Bs are not good for some reason or another.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just an FYI,
We got in a demo of the Leica HD-B 3000 in both 8x42 and 10x42 if that would be of interest to you.
The 8x42 is $1,699.99 and the 10x42 is $1,749.99. Please give a call to dicuss it.
Doug
516-217-1000

Brianb3

WKR
Got no problem with either. Both great glass.

Difference maker for me is the bino stud from outdoorsman. Fits on the swarros. Not on the Leicas. That bino stud is a BFD

Side note. I’ve hammered my el ranges. Had the range finder loosen from the inside. Was reading all over the place on the inside.

Had the Binos 4 years. They fully repaired to include the green wrap. All lenses. The eye cups and all outside stuff. Free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG
Just an FYI,
We got in a demo of the Leica HD-B 3000 in both 8x42 and 10x42 if that would be of interest to you.
The 8x42 is $1,699.99 and the 10x42 is $1,749.99. Please give a call to dicuss it.
Doug
516-217-1000

Sounds great but unfortunately I’m located in Australia.

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG
Zeiss RF 100%. If I had to choose between those two I would go with EL Range. Resale on Geovid HD-Bs are not good for some reason or another.
Zeiss price difference here in Australia make them too expensive..

Besides the resale value, which would you choose optically?

tdhanses

WKR

It’s because they come out with a more improved version about every year now while Swaro hasn’t changed theirs since release, the Swaro is datedbut I would assume due for a revamp soon, once that happens you’ll see the price of current EL Ranges drop in resale.

I really like my Leica HD-B’s. Had Swaro EL Swarovision prior.

tdhanses

WKR
Zeiss price difference here in Australia make them too expensive..

Besides the resale value, which would you choose optically?

The Leica is better optically to my eyes, the EL Range do not have the latest coatings and are not swarovision.

Being your down under resale really will be an unknown to us basing it on the states.

Go Leica and you’ll be happy.

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG
The Leica is better optically to my eyes, the EL Range do not have the latest coatings and are not swarovision.

Being your down under resale really will be an unknown to us basing it on the states.

Go Leica and you’ll be happy.
Resale in Australia is pretty much exactly the same with optics as it is in the states and pricing is very comparable. When it come to other equipment and clothing then it’s a different story, our price sometimes double.

tdhanses

WKR
Resale in Australia is pretty much exactly the same with optics as it is in the states and pricing is very comparable. When it come to other equipment and clothing then it’s a different story, our price sometimes double.

In the end you’ll be happy with either, the Leica is better (imo) with a few more bells and whistles.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Got no problem with either. Both great glass.

Difference maker for me is the bino stud from outdoorsman. Fits on the swarros. Not on the Leicas. That bino stud is a BFD

Side note. I’ve hammered my el ranges. Had the range finder loosen from the inside. Was reading all over the place on the inside.

Had the Binos 4 years. They fully repaired to include the green wrap. All lenses. The eye cups and all outside stuff. Free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bino stud is absolutely a deal breaker for me as well. I personally like the Leica glass better but not being able to use outdoorsmans stud was a no go for me as well.

tdhanses

WKR
Bino stud is absolutely a deal breaker for me as well. I personally like the Leica glass better but not being able to use outdoorsmans stud was a no go for me as well.

I’ve had both bino stud and bino hand, personally I prefer the bino hand. Yes it’s bulkier but at least I don’t have to keep investing in bino studs if I upgrade or add new binos. But personal choice, overall the bino hand is very secure and sturdy just like the stud.

Also the stud isn’t really an option for the op being he’s not in the states.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had both bino stud and bino hand, personally I prefer the bino hand. Yes it’s bulkier but at least I don’t have to keep investing in bino studs if I upgrade or add new binos. But personal choice, overall the bino hand is very secure and sturdy just like the stud.

Beauty of having choices. If you don’t mind the strap on then your choices are endless. I would use the new RRS strap if i was forced down that route.

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG

What is a bino hand?

tdhanses

WKR
What is a bino hand?

If you go to Outdoorsmans.com and use the search, it’ll show up. For some reason their website is not as easy to navigate as it used to be. Great products and great service from those guys. I highly recommend them.