Leica Geovid non HD glass?

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
I see someone is selling Leica Geovid's locally, it looks like it's the generation before the HD models (BRF?). Does anyone have any hands on experience with them? How is the glass on them and is the range finding good? They asking $1k, is my money better spent elsewhere for that much?

handwerk

WKR
I've had 3 generations of the geovids, currently the HD-R's ( closed bridge) and I think they are the best of the bunch. Between the ones you're talking about I'd say yes there was a notable difference between the non HD and the HD models. The HD-R also have angle adjustment in the RF part. What power are you looking at?

boom

WKR
my good friend uses the older no HD geovids.

just talking glass here...they are damn clear. i got my HD leicas after he moved away so no side by side comparisons. but it was staring thru his pair of binoculars that had me considering Leica in the first place. $1k is a great deal i think. he paid $1.7k

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
That seems a little high for the original non HDs. I would guess theyd be worth $800 or so. The older HDs could prolly be found for $1000 I bet. The original HDs are like 3-4 generations ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
A

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know, I was thinking he was asking a little much for the age/gen. I'll have to see if he will take less for them.