Leica Geovid Pro 10x32 ***Updated 10/17/22***

parshal

WKR
CC is a custom curve. It really (generally) only makes a difference near transonic which none of us here are worried about for hunting.

I use both CC and BC manipulation on my competition rifles where we do shoot near transonic. Both work.

Leica Geovid PROs (both 8x32 and 10x32) have one ballistic engine, Applied Ballistics. Leica Geovid 3200COMs have another, older (to Leica) ballistics engine. PROs are only available in 32mm currently, and COMs are only available in 8 or 10x42mm or 8x56mm.

Regarding your wrong call/no call situation, I'd love to know more so we can get that sorted. Please email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi guys, Hamilton Boykin from Leica here. If you have any Leica-specific questions, please don't hesitate to post them or pm me. I think I've correctly activated the alert feature on this thread and hope I'll get notifications if you post. One question I saw posed above was whether or not magnets will affect the PRO's compass. -They will. Large metal objects, your phone, and magnets can all affect compasses and ours is no different, but knowing that ahead of time should reduce any issues for users. Regarding light transmission, I run the 8x32 PRO and it is as bright in low light as my 56mm Leica riflescope set on 8 power (its brightest power setting). I hunt in SC mostly, where we can legally shoot deer until 1 hour past legal sundown, allowing us to stay out until 20-25 minutes past hard dark. In this situation, I've never had a time where I could see something with my scope and not see it thru my PRO. Also, FOV 32 of the PRO is actually the same as in a 42mm 3200COM of the same power (10x32 FOV = 10x42 FOV). The 374' FOV I've seen posted elsewhere came from an old spec sheet that was improperly translated from FOV at 1000m to FOV at 1000y. Actual FOV of the 10x42 3200COM is 342' at 1000y vs. 345' in the PRO 32. The 8x32PRO also has a slight advantage of 405’ FOV vs 8x42 3200COM’s 390’ FOV.
Hamilton, Is the Applied Ballistics program available yet on Leica's app for the Leica CRF 3500.com?

Hi Robert, No sir, we and AB are still working on it and hope to have the Leica Ballistics App run both PRO & COM products by the end of the year. I do want to be clear, as we’ve gotten many queries about this: the goal of migrating COM products over to the Leica Ballistics App is to improve/simplify programming from the app, NOT to have additional features on the COMs. In fact, it is not possible. PROs have different chipsets in them that make PRO features possible. GPS, AB Elite, wind calls, etc. are not going to become available on COMs after the changeover.

amassi

WKR
Leica Geovid PROs (both 8x32 and 10x32) have one ballistic engine, Applied Ballistics. Leica Geovid 3200COMs have another, older (to Leica) ballistics engine. PROs are only available in 32mm currently, and COMs are only available in 8 or 10x42mm or 8x56mm.

Regarding your wrong call/no call situation, I'd love to know more so we can get that sorted. Please email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!
Hi
Love my pro 10x32 except the display brighness sucks. Not bold enough on light terrain like cheat grass, sage etc.
The 5 setting is equal to a 1 on most other range finders.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hi Robert, No sir, we and AB are still working on it and hope to have the Leica Ballistics App run both PRO & COM products by the end of the year. I do want to be clear, as we’ve gotten many queries about this: the goal of migrating COM products over to the Leica Ballistics App is to improve/simplify programming from the app, NOT to have additional features on the COMs. In fact, it is not possible. PROs have different chipsets in them that make PRO features possible. GPS, AB Elite, wind calls, etc. are not going to become available on COMs after the changeover.
So, does that mean that the Leica CRF 3500.com doesn't factor in the wind now and will not factor in the wind, even after the upgrade?

Does the Leica Pro instantly show angle corrected yardage in scan mode (bow and arrow distances...close up out to say 100 yards)? I use scan mode (hold the button down for repeat readings) on a Leupold rangefinder and find it super useful to get 2 or 3 repeated identical readings that are angle corrected in a couple of seconds to verify yardage before I shoot an arrow at a big game animal in steep terrain.

RDavis

FNG
With the Geovid Pro, can you upload gun profiles from a kestrel and does anyone have a work follow to use Protrack feature with onxmaps?

Thanks
Richard Davis

parshal

WKR
No, you can’t upload from a kestrel. Only workflow I’ve don’t to get into onyx is to copy/paste coordinates and make sure they are the same coordinate type.

hookah

FNG
Hi guys, Hamilton Boykin from Leica here. If you have any Leica-specific questions, please don't hesitate to post them or pm me. I think I've correctly activated the alert feature on this thread and hope I'll get notifications if you post. One question I saw posed above was whether or not magnets will affect the PRO's compass. -They will. Large metal objects, your phone, and magnets can all affect compasses and ours is no different, but knowing that ahead of time should reduce any issues for users. Regarding light transmission, I run the 8x32 PRO and it is as bright in low light as my 56mm Leica riflescope set on 8 power (its brightest power setting). I hunt in SC mostly, where we can legally shoot deer until 1 hour past legal sundown, allowing us to stay out until 20-25 minutes past hard dark. In this situation, I've never had a time where I could see something with my scope and not see it thru my PRO. Also, FOV 32 of the PRO is actually the same as in a 42mm 3200COM of the same power (10x32 FOV = 10x42 FOV). The 374' FOV I've seen posted elsewhere came from an old spec sheet that was improperly translated from FOV at 1000m to FOV at 1000y. Actual FOV of the 10x42 3200COM is 342' at 1000y vs. 345' in the PRO 32. The 8x32PRO also has a slight advantage of 405’ FOV vs 8x42 3200COM’s 390’ FOV.
Hi SpanielDog I have heard that the Leica geovid pro is coming out with a 10x42 PRO model next year, do you have any information on this, thanks.

WJAadams

FNG
Anyone having major issues with the pro track? After calibration I’m still finding it’s way off. Often times 180° from what I range. Anybody have tips or tricks to make it work? I’m close to returning because it is NOT working.

BjornF16

WKR
Anyone having major issues with the pro track? After calibration I’m still finding it’s way off. Often times 180° from what I range. Anybody have tips or tricks to make it work? I’m close to returning because it is NOT working.
I had issues at first, then discovered I was calibrating incorrectly. I haven’t had any issues since then.

Another possibility would be calibrating/using near magnets.

If calibration technique or magnets are your issue, then reach out to Leica.

chamois

FNG
I am quite happy with mine (8x32s). They arrived with the season started so I have nit had the time to use any of their ballistics app applications, only to range.
In this regard I find it odd that it will either give you the linear distance or the angle corrected distance, but not both, which i consider is a step in the wrong direction.
Otherwise, I love them.

No, you can’t upload from a kestrel. Only workflow I’ve don’t to get into onyx is to copy/paste coordinates and make sure they are the same coordinate type.
Looks like Leica just came out with a new “2.0” app for the pro’s (and all their “.com” to varying degrees).

As far as I can tell there is no OnX integration.

The release claimed improved Bluetooth connectivity/stability.

Link:

TBD

Reactions: ZDR
Has anyone noticed even on the highest brightness I can barely read the range during the day. I replaced the battery but comparing to my Nikon Laserforce the readout is significantly harder to see which is an issue when using for PRS/NRL hunter style matches.

parshal

WKR
I used my 8’s this weekend at the Vernal Hunter match land was able to easily see mine. Something doesn’t sound right.