Leica HD-B 2200???

I am looking at these on sale. Does anybody run these? If so, what are your thoughts on these versus the new 3000 yd model. I don't need the extra distance but, making sure I am not giving up a new coating or function that the new model has.
$1000 savings.
Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I bought one on sale as well and have been pleased with it. Have ranged trees out to 1500 yards (hard to find much farther in my area of Mississippi). Reads instantly and consistently and optics are great quality. Go for it!

tdhanses

WKR
I don’t think you would miss the updates in the 3000, the 2200 is a great bino not out done by many. To me it is very very close to the Swaro SV EL’s, not to be mistaken for the Swaro EL range, the Leica is better then the EL range to my eyes.

OP
100percent
Great news! I have Swarovski 10x42el, 10x42 el range, 12x50 el, Swarovski 8x rangefinder and g7 rangefinder. Going to unload the most of it and go with this Leica w/ ballistic software. Thanks for the replies and help!

From a ballistic standpoint, and optically they will be the same.

The main advantage will be in the laser itself and or the beam divergence. The beam divergence was basically cut in half from the 2200 to 3000 (3x5 rectangle to 1.5x3 @1000yrd respectively) which will allow faster and more accurate returns at longer ranges. The reticle went from a beefier square to a smaller circle. The 3000 will also range down to a 10th decimal point under 100yards.

For many this is not important so if the difference in coin out weighs the upgrades, then get the 2200 while there are still a few out there available!

OP
100percent
Thanks guys! Just received and compared to my Swaro EL Range. Very pleased! New glass always seems better but, I would say just as nice as Swaro. Right handed functionality will help with Archery tackle and the Ballistic software will get me out of the G7 business! Thanks for the again!

Be looking for a good deal on some lightly used optics on here soon!

OP
100percent
One more question? I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to outfit with outdoorsman's stud or barrel ring mount . What are you guys using for tripod mounts on these. Outdoorsman offers a bino hand but it looks kind of busy. Thoughts?