Leica HD-B 3000 review **Updated 11/26/19**

fatbacks

WKR
Just thought I would chime in about the temperature related comments here. Just got back from a winter cow moose hunt and used my HD-B 3000's the entire time. They were in and out of my jacket and in the storage box on my snow machine. They worked flawlessly the whole time despite temperature ranging from 0-15 F the whole time.

Of note, they did a good job ranging sub 500 yds in semi-blizzard conditions.

Update on the temp thing. I left the binos in the tool box on my snow machine for 5 days on accident. Temp was hovering around -10° when I pulled them out. Ranged a few targets before I put them In my house and everything seemed good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pair of 2200s that had the cold weather issue. Contacted Leica. They sent me a repair/return label. They went off for repair and came back working great, problem fixed.

I love mine. I have had them for 2 seasons. They out perform the HD-B 2200 by a long shot. I use them bow hunting and rifle hunting.

I just ordered a set of these after going back and forth with the Swarovski 15x56. I know it’s apples to oranges but the ballistics is why I like these. Hopefully they’ll be awesome. There will be a set of Ultravid HD 10x42 in the classifieds soon!

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I just ordered a set of these after going back and forth with the Swarovski 15x56. I know it’s apples to oranges but the ballistics is why I like these. Hopefully they’ll be awesome. There will be a set of Ultravid HD 10x42 in the classifieds soon!

Those are two different tools but I think you'll be happy if you are looking for the ballistic output. Two great binos you are looking at.

I love my Ultravids but was looking to update. Also, Doug made me an offer that blew me away on these today so I had to get them.

I have the 2200's. They range much better than my 15X56 Geovids. I am interested in upgrading to the 3000's but don't want to jump until I find out how the 3000 ballistics chart and inputs betters the 2200's.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have the 2200's. They range much better than my 15X56 Geovids. I am interested in upgrading to the 3000's but don't want to jump until I find out how the 3000 ballistics chart and inputs betters the 2200's.

The ballistics are the same. They use a micro SD chip that is downloaded from Leica's website so it is whatever you input into the program.