Leica Noctivid 10x42 Review, by Matt Cashell

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
There are a number of mounts that clamp around one of the barrels of the bino for mounting. The Leica “tray” with the rubber strap grows on you the more you use it. Not having a bino stud would never be a factor in my decision on whether to buy a binocular or not.

I’m looking at either the 10x42 Noctivid’s or EL’s but I keep leaning towards the EL because of the Outdoorsmans stud I can install on them for tripod mounting. What have you guys found is the best way to tripod mount the Noctivids? Is that enough of a reason to not want the Noctivids?

I used a tray and strap type mount for years. It worked well enough but wouldn't allow me to slide my binos in and out of my AGC harness without removal. Then I found this. It's a bit spendy, but hey, this thread is about Leica Noctivids, so... For me, it's the perfect solution for my Kowa Gennys.
soar.reallyrightstuff.com/Cinch-LR-BA

mgebs311

FNG
I used a tray and strap type mount for years. It worked well enough but wouldn't allow me to slide my binos in and out of my AGC harness without removal. Then I found this. It's a bit spendy, but hey, this thread is about Leica Noctivids, so... For me, it's the perfect solution for my Kowa Gennys.
soar.reallyrightstuff.com/Cinch-LR-BA
Eaglemountainman, thanks for the link! That adapter looks great. I noticed Outdoorsmans has one that is similar, but what I don’t like about theirs is it uses a ratcheting strap that seems like it would be a little loud. That cinch one looks slick. Looks like they are back ordered right now.

Eaglemountainman, thanks for the link! That adapter looks great. I noticed Outdoorsmans has one that is similar, but what I don’t like about theirs is it uses a ratcheting strap that seems like it would be a little loud. That cinch one looks slick. Looks like they are back ordered right now.

You're welcome. Like I said, it's not cheap, but it is slick and worth the money in my opinion. Stays on the bino and slides in and out of my AGC pack unencumbered.

They must be selling a lot of them , because they keep going out of stock. Check the site often because, when they're back in stock, they don't last long.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Cynch is a good setup - we run them on all our rental binos and they do go into the bino harness which is a bonus. It does create a little added resistance going in and out, but much nicer in my opinion than putting on and taking off every time and risking losing the adapter. I’ve donated a couple to the mountains over the years.

And I’d say the lack of tripod stud mount is no reason to shy away from the Noctivid. They’re absolutely amazing. Be happy to send a pair of EL and Noctivid to compare if you wanted to check them out side by side.

DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk