Leica Noctivid and Zeiss Victory SF users over Swarovski EL?

Q child

WKR
I prefer the SFs. I just went through this, and settled on the SFs. Then sent them back for a refund when the NLs where announced.
The SFs are the lightest and have the widest field of view. In my hands they are the most comfortable. The focus knob is in a great spot, is super smooth, and it doesn't take much revolution to change the focus point a lot. The focus placement and revolution with the wide field lets them get on target really fast. In my opinion they are the fastest of the three.
I do have a lot of respect for ELs and Noctivids too. All three have wide fields and beautiful views.
The Noctivids simply don't fit in my hand all that well - my fingers don't fit between the barrels, which eliminates the functionality of the open bridge. As far as the view goes though, they are probably my favorite.
ELs are just great. There is a reason why there are so many of them out there. Swarovskis are reliably excellent.

At the new price point I will buy Swarovski. For me the big 3 are all so close it’s hard to go wrong. One is better for this and one better for that etc. swaro holds better value also!

OP
mgebs311

mgebs311

FNG
All 3 companies have done right by me in customer service. If folks use their optics as much and in the environments we do even the most rugged designs can wear out or break. Funny you should bring this up as I’d had repair work done by all 3 within the past few years. These were my experiences with each (keep in mind they are just individual examples):

Swarovski - Had a Z5 Scope that was no longer holding zero. Sent it to Swaro and they said the tube was damaged (don’t know how) and it was putting pressure on the reticle. They used a new tube and basically rebuilt the scope. Charged me a few hundred $ and wanted a $150 more if I wanted an expedited repair. Had another scope fog on the inside and they repaired it for free.

Zeiss - Had an old scope finally lose zero, they repaired it for free, Had an old 10x40 Classic whose main hinge simply wore out. Being a discontinued model they had to send it back to Germany for repair. They fixed the hinge, replaced the eyecups and completely cleaned it up for free - even inserted a note of apology for having to send it to Germany and it taking a while.

Leica - Service years ago was abysmal. However, the company has rededicated itself to quality customer service. I recently sent back a malfunctioning CRF and the service could not have been better. Engaging, courteous, lightning fast, and they could not fix but replaced the item free of charge.

These were my actual experiences- but of course, your actual mileage may vary.
Thanks for the response about each companies customer service! That is reassuring to hear.

With all of these binos there is no wrong choice. Which leads to splitting hairs on things like the egros are better on X, I like the FOV better on X and so on, but something that seems to be rarely talked about is the color each produces. I know that it is a subjective thing. I have duovids and El WB's (never had an opportunity to try Zeiss) and in the middle of the day they there is not much difference. But in low light, mornings/evenings and cloudy days you can start to see differences. I find the Leica's to produce a warmer and more true to color image. And the El's are cooler (bluer). Like I say it's all subjective, I slightly prefer the Leica and my wife slightly prefers the El's. Curious how others see it, and what they prefer. Or if the other things weight, ergos and whatever make a bigger difference and color image is not that important.