Leica... shame shame. Defective Geovid Pro.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Yep. Thats right. Out of the box.

How in the FAWK does this make it past QC?

Take a look at the photo below. This is looking at a clean white poster board. Not, its not on the surface of either lens...

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
INTERNAL BULLSHIT IN MY BRAND NEW $3000 GLASS

What in the F Leica.

HOW!?!

Now we get to play the funnest game known to hunters wide and far: Wait to hear from Leica and see how they want to handle this.

Oh and since these are just now shipping, I probably get to wait, and get back in the back of the line, and start my wait over again.

What a day.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
Wait I thought this stuff only happens to vortex. Just think if you’d have bought a new pair of razor UHDs at scheels and had a problem, you’d walk into scheels hand them the defective pair and they’d hand you back a new pair and be on your way.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Wait I thought this stuff only happens to vortex. Just think if you’d have bought a new pair of razor UHDs at scheels and had a problem, you’d walk into scheels hand them the defective pair and they’d hand you back a new pair and be on your way.

I live no where close to a Scheels. When you live in the sticks, you buy from someone you can trust. Which is why these were bought through @Camera Land and Doug.

He will help take care of me.

But my confidence in these just went way, way down.

If Leica doesn't jump through every hoop to get me a new pair ASAP, I'm sure Doug will take them back, refund me, and I'll remind myself to never buy from Leica again.

Looks like a spec of dust on the inside of a lens. Since most manufacturers have adhesive on the inside wall of the bino to trap any dust like that, it probably came off the interior wall and landed on the glass (where it's now stuck) between when it was quality controlled and when it got to you. (truck ride to shipping hub, truck ride to airport, flight to the US from Europe, truck ride to Leica USA, truck ride to Camera Land, truck ride to your house).

So chances are that it got past QC because it wasn't there when someone looked through the bino.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Looks like a spec of dust on the inside of a lens. Since most manufacturers have adhesive on the inside wall of the bino to trap any dust like that, it probably came off the interior wall and landed on the glass (where it's now stuck) between when it was quality controlled and when it got to you. (truck ride to shipping hub, truck ride to airport, flight to the US from Europe, truck ride to Leica USA, truck ride to Camera Land, truck ride to your house).

So chances are that it got past QC because it wasn't there when someone looked through the bino.

You have more faith in the QC system than I do.

Sorry, just a little burned that my wait and $3K wasn’t enough to get a clean set of binos.

tdhanses

WKR
INTERNAL BULLSHIT IN MY BRAND NEW $3000 GLASS

What in the F Leica.

HOW!?!

Now we get to play the funnest game known to hunters wide and far: Wait to hear from Leica and see how they want to handle this.

Oh and since these are just now shipping, I probably get to wait, and get back in the back of the line, and start my wait over again.

What a day.
You could just return them and get a new one ordered.

tdhanses

WKR
You have more faith in the QC system than I do.

Sorry, just a little burned that my wait and $3K wasn’t enough to get a clean set of binos.
Get your upset, this stuff happens but unlike vortex it won’t fail mid hunt. Doug will take care of you. Anything human made at times can have issues no matter the mfg.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Get your upset, this stuff happens but unlike vortex it won’t fail mid hunt. Doug will take care of you. Anything human made at times can have issues no matter the mfg.
Well his did fail pre-hunt…so there’s that. 😂

Ucsdryder

WKR
😂 i don’t think they failed, they just have an annoying spec of dust in the center of a barrel, I bet they function fine.
Yeah sheet happens. I wouldn’t get too worked up about it either. They’ll get you taken care of quickly if I had to guess.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As others have said, these things will happen since humans are involved and the only real test is how will CL and Leica handle this to resolve your problem.

Good luck and please keep us posted,

Eddie

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You contacted us, we contacted Leica, and I just received an e-mail from Leica that they are sending a return shipping label to you to get the unit back and will immediately replace the unit to you.
IMO, Leica customer service handled this insanely quickly and professionally.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Amazing what a tiny itsy bitsy little bit of patience can do!
Doug got it taken care of. As I knew he would. Which is why I bought from him.

Patience has nothing to do with it. The dust or glue or whatever showing up in my glass is why this post exists.

Bc when you offer top tier products at top tier prices, customers expect top tier QC and don’t want to have to use top tier CS.

Am I glad to have it? Yes. Did I want to use it? No. Not on brand spanking new stuff.

tdhanses

WKR
Doug got it taken care of. As I knew he would. Which is why I bought from him.

Patience has nothing to do with it. The dust or glue or whatever showing up in my glass is why this post exists.

Bc when you offer top tier products at top tier prices, customers expect top tier QC and don’t want to have to use top tier CS.

Am I glad to have it? Yes. Did I want to use it? No. Not on brand spanking new stuff.
Whatever you do don’t go buy a $90k pickup, you’ll be disappointed the first issue you find/have, it will happen.

Glad to hear Leica and Doug got you taken care of, stuff happens.

I’ve used Leica warranty twice, it’s been good when needed which is rare.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
Whatever you do don’t go buy a $90k pickup, you’ll be disappointed the first issue you find/have, it will happen.

Glad to hear Leica and Doug got you taken care of, stuff happens.

I’ve used Leica warranty twice, it’s been good when needed which is rare.
It’s def part of the problem. Too many folks have gotten too comfortable spending big money only to be marginally satisfied.

I’ll stay old school with my expectations. And new school with my binos.

It's always disappointing when this happens as you've been waiting and put down a lot of your hard-earned money for it.

This has happened to quite a few optics I've owned. It started with Vortex bino, then a Maven HD 12x50 I got from Doug who corrected it right way, all the way to a Swarovski 85mm objective and a Zeiss 10x42 RF. Like others have said, this happens in shipping, there is absolutely no way to avoid this for the consumer. This is not a QC issue. My only advice for you is to ask your retailer to check your glass before it is shipped if any artifacts are apparent in the glass from shipping.

Mds2004

FNG

So true. My 21 Superduty is due in for two recalls already. Dont even join the forums for new trailers. You still expect to do repairs on those even if they are $100k.