Leica Sport Optics Announces Best-In-Class Passport Protection Warranty

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Camera_Land-728x90-12220.gif

5c4647d73d868775d61ec26b_logo300.png

Leica Sport Optics Announces Best-In-Class Passport Protection Warranty

Any new Leica Sport Optics product purchase now includes a best-in-class warranty and product protection plan. The ground-breaking new Leica Passport Warranty is completely free and includes a fully transferrable no-questions, no-fault, 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer’s defect warranty, neither of which require a warranty card or receipt.

The cast-iron product protection plan allows Leica Sport Optic customers to enjoy their products with greater peace of mind in the knowledge that for a decade, Leica Sport Optics will repair or replace any optic product in the event it is damaged, whatever the reason, at no cost to the customer. Moreover, all optics products include a comprehensive 30-year manufacturer defect warranty, also with no charge. If following the 10-year Passport protection, a product is determined to have a defect with the optical system, Leica will simply repair or replace it. Never before have premium sport optics customers had such back up from a manufacturer after a purchase.

All non-optical products (i.e. accessories) are warranted for two years from date of purchase. The Passport Warranty is available for products initially purchased from an authorized USA or Canadian dealer since Jan 1, 2021. In the event of a defect or damage, please call customer assistance at 800-222-0118 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify your warranty request through its completion.

For more information, leicacamerausa.com/sport-optics-warranty.html

We've got MANY other deals going on so please just give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss the Optic, Camera or Tripod you're looking for and we will hook you up.

Check out our new Just Arrived Section and our Latest Sales Flyer

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 :)

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Attachments

• Leica warranty.jpg
    Leica warranty.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 51

Sled

WKR
That's great to hear. Sounds like they still want to be competitive in the optics industry. Now they just need to work on getting a 1/4x20 threaded adapter on their binos and they'll be a serious consideration again.

Leica customer service has improved dramatically in recent years. About 15 years ago I had a bad experience, but the company has since rededicated itself to premium customer service and it shows. A few months back I sent them a CRF that no longer worked. It was well-traveled and finally gave up the ghost. They couldn’t fix it an immediately sent me a new one. They were courteous throughout the entire process and lightning fast. Recently there have been many positive Leica CS experiences posted here and elsewhere.

Broomd

WKR
This is great to read, especially for us who regard Leica as top shelf glass.

THAT SAID, they are due for some form of upgrade to their televid spotter series, it's been a long, long time at this point since that has happened.

OP
gr8fuldoug

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are the electrical systems of the rangefinders and rangefinding binoculars included or are these considered non-optical components and only warranted for two years?
It's All non-optical products (i.e. accessories) are warranted for two years from date of purchase. This means straps, Tripods, Tripod adapters. Non-Optical Products, not non optical components

JGRaider

WKR
It's All non-optical products (i.e. accessories) are warranted for two years from date of purchase. This means straps, Tripods, Tripod adapters. Non-Optical Products, not non optical components

So you didn't answer his question.......are the RF/electronics 2yr or do they now fall under the new lifetime warranty.

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I think post 6 answered my original question. At least i understood it covers rangefinders.

OP
gr8fuldoug

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So you didn't answer his question.......are the RF/electronics 2yr or do they now fall under the new lifetime warranty.
Let me make it clearer for you.

The 2 years is on products that Leica offers that have no optics (Straps, tripods, adapters and such)

The ground-breaking new Leica Passport Warranty is completely free and includes a fully transferrable no-questions, no-fault, 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer’s defect warranty, neither of which require a warranty card or receipt.

If following the 10-year Passport protection, a product is determined to have a defect with the optical system, Leica will simply repair or replace it.

The additional time past 10 years does not cover any electronics, only optics.

CRF-Rangefinders and Geovids have the electronics covered for the 1st 10 years and the optical portion of those units covered for 30 as described above. I hope this clears it up.

keller

WKR
good info here thanks for clarification. another question their was no registation card or anything with my geovids i received 2/2021. if the warranty is only for product bought after 1/1/2021 and their is no proof of receipt or registration needed how do they know when the purchase was made for the new warranty?
Let me make it clearer for you.

The 2 years is on products that Leica offers that have no optics (Straps, tripods, adapters and such)

The ground-breaking new Leica Passport Warranty is completely free and includes a fully transferrable no-questions, no-fault, 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer’s defect warranty, neither of which require a warranty card or receipt.

If following the 10-year Passport protection, a product is determined to have a defect with the optical system, Leica will simply repair or replace it.

The additional time past 10 years does not cover any electronics, only optics.

CRF-Rangefinders and Geovids have the electronics covered for the 1st 10 years and the optical portion of those units covered for 30 as described above. I hope this clears it up.

OP
gr8fuldoug

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
good info here thanks for clarification. another question their was no registation card or anything with my geovids i received 2/2021. if the warranty is only for product bought after 1/1/2021 and their is no proof of receipt or registration needed how do they know when the purchase was made for the new warranty?
You have a receipt that came with the unit stating date of purchase as well as serial #, plus Leica has a record of the sale to the authorized dealer also showing a date

I have a pair of Geovid HDB 3000's and I regard them as top shelf glass and I love them. I'm glad to hear about this new warranty.

Gunaddict

FNG
Lecia's customer service has been outstanding. They went above and beyond my expections!!!!

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Ten years electronics coverage on an RF is pretty fantastic. I know Leica has been working really hard to strongly focus on the CS, and offering that kind of coverage on the electronics is very smart.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord