Leica Sport Optics Announces Best-In-Class Passport Protection Warranty

JGRaider

WKR
Let me make it clearer for you.

The 2 years is on products that Leica offers that have no optics (Straps, tripods, adapters and such)

The ground-breaking new Leica Passport Warranty is completely free and includes a fully transferrable no-questions, no-fault, 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer’s defect warranty, neither of which require a warranty card or receipt.

If following the 10-year Passport protection, a product is determined to have a defect with the optical system, Leica will simply repair or replace it.

The additional time past 10 years does not cover any electronics, only optics.

CRF-Rangefinders and Geovids have the electronics covered for the 1st 10 years and the optical portion of those units covered for 30 as described above. I hope this clears it up.

Thanks for the clarification Doug. So when do we get a chance at some demo Geovids with that new warranty???? That's the main reason I don't presently own one. Thanks, and kudos to Leica USA.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Even before this announcement they free of charge replaced my 1600b rangefinder that was going on 6 years old after my bino harness accidentally fell out of the truck and was drug behind it for half a mile. Excellent customer service!